Sign in to follow this  
elephant

Annual Credit Report won't send me credit report. Advice?

I want to repair my husband's credit but I can't get started because Annual Credit Report won't send me his credit report.

So 1/4/2018 I ordered it by mail, attached a copy of his driver's license and a copy of a bill just to be safe they have an address proof. Since then nothing, nobody ever got back to me and I have solely used the discover credit tracking. 

Fast forward 2019, I try to order his report again this time by phone since mail was unsuccesful. It has been more than 15 days and I got nothing again. Sent them a complaint through their online system and surprise, nobody has reached out to me. I am getting really frustrated and debating just ordering it online but I know if I do it I will limit  my rights to dispute the accounts on the credit report. 

What is your advice? Is there any other way to contact these guys? Should I just give up and order online? Could there be a problem with address verification and that's why I don't get a response from them?

Also, this if my first ever post here and just want to say I love being a part of this supportive community. 

The 15 day deadline only applies if you're making the request via annualcreditreport.com.  If that doesn't work I just bite the bullet and pay the $10 or whatever directly to the bureaus if I want the full report.  You can get a free online report from each bureau directly if you just want to start a dispute.

10 hours ago, Harry Seaward said:

The 15 day deadline only applies if you're making the request via annualcreditreport.com.  If that doesn't work I just bite the bullet and pay the $10 or whatever directly to the bureaus if I want the full report.  You can get a free online report from each bureau directly if you just want to start a dispute.

There are SO many ways to get free full reports directly from the CRAs, I would never pay for one.

Most states (if not all) have a mirrored state law that allows at least one free credit report in addition to the federal one free report.  Some states even offer 2 - 4 free reports per year.  I would check your state law. The CRAs used to have this information on their websites, but I haven't looked for it in a long time.

If this were me, I would call the 1-800 number for each CRA and go through the automated system to order a report.  The automated system used to have an option for a "free state report", but I'm not sure that exists anymore on the recording.  If not, I would select "adverse action" as the reason you want a report.  The automated system will complete your order and not ask for payment. Just decline the option for your credit SCORE for an extra charge.

• Like 1