attended trial setting conference 12/17/18

trial set for 8/13/19

any help would be greatly appreciated

On 12/30/2018 at 1:01 PM, 1stStep said:

How much are they suing for?

When did you last pay?

Who is the attorney?

Prepare for discovery - they will send Interrogatories and Requests for

Send your own discovery - examples on the board.

$3,910

The last day paid was May 2015 (According to the Statements they provided me).  I cannot find the closed account from Citibank (the original owner of the account).

Plaintiff Attorney: Quail Cardot LLP
Frensno, CA 

Received Request for production of documents 1/9/19.

There complain is for:

1.Account Stated
2. Open Book.

What discovery should i send? Is the discovery request for both counts or should discoveries be prepared based on each count?

On 1/16/2019 at 9:10 PM, jcman said:

$3,910

The last day paid was May 2015 (According to the Statements they provided me).  I cannot find the closed account from Citibank (the original owner of the account).

Plaintiff Attorney: Quail Cardot LLP
Frensno, CA 

Received Request for production of documents 1/9/19.

There complain is for:

1.Account Stated
2. Open Book.

What discovery should i send? Is the discovery request for both counts or should discoveries be prepared based on each count?

Also received Request for admissions with:

1. Admit that you entered into an agreement with Citibank to which credit provided to YOU in the form of a credit account. Account** in exchange for monthly payments to be made by YOU.

2. Admit that YOU agreed to make monthly payments to Citibank toward the balance YOU incurred on Account No***

3. Admit that YOU have not issued any PAYMENT to Citibank regarding Account** since 5/15/2015.

4. Admit that there remains an unpaid balance on YOUR Citibank account.

5. Admit that all charges on YOUR Citibank account were AUTHORIZED by YOU.

6. Admit that YOU owe the amount alleged for YOUR Citibank account as set forth in paragraph 19 of the Complaint filed on 9/13/2018, a true and correct copy of which is attached hereto as exhibit "A".

7. Admit that YOU owe the amount alleged for YOUR Citibank account as set forth in paragraph 24 of the Complaint filed on 9/13/2018 a true ad correct copy of which is attached hereto as Exhibit "A".

8 Admit that the invoice attached hereto as Exhibit "B" accurately reflects the outstanding balance you owe Citibank as of the date of the billing period.

Admit the genuineness of the invoice of YOUR Citibank account, a true and correct copy of which is attached hereto as Exhibit "B".

On 1/16/2019 at 10:24 PM, sadinca said:

Bill of Particulars request.doc

I'm your position I would serve the template as soon as possible, tomorrow, wait for their response before answering their Discovery questions. That's answer or lack of answer will assist you in American their Discovery easier

prepared and served bill of particulars. 

Any advice on how to proceed with their requests?

Both Request for Admissions set one and request for production of documents set one were mailed 1/9/19.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:39 PM, sadinca said:

I'd wait for their response to your book before you serve your answers to their discovey questions. 

Hi All,

Plaintiff, CAVALRY SPV I, LLC's, response to Defendant Demand for Bill of Particulars is attached hereto as Exhibit "A". Discovery is ongoing and Plaintiff is seeking additional documents from the underlying creditors. Additional documents will be provided to Defendant upon receipt as a supplemental response to the Demand for Bill of Particulars.

Exhibit "A" consisted of Copies of Several credit card statements, bill of sale and assignment, asset schedule, affidavit of sale of account by original creditor, certificate of conformity, a fact sheet, a card agreement, and a Cavalry Transaction History for account.

Any advice? Anyone?  my reply is due tomorrow. 1/8/19.

What was the date of service on the Req for Documents, Admissions that the plaintiff sent you?

Edit: you should stick your original thread about this case, that one is easier to follow & it's better to keep all discussions about a single case in one thread.

7 hours ago, RyanEX said:

What was the date of service on the Req for Documents, Admissions that the plaintiff sent you?

Edit: you should stick your original thread about this case, that one is easier to follow & it's better to keep all discussions about a single case in one thread.

So sorry.  Was wondering what to do about that.  I was not sure if i had posted in the correct place or not.  All the help is appreciated.  

Is there are way of either merging the thread or fixing this?