Sign in to follow this  
onelove

Credit repair/dispute

Hello guys,

I am searching for the best way to go about disputing collections and charged off accounts on my report. I have been sending out a letter to the credit bureaus but nothing

ever got Deleted. Always come back as verified or updated. Can you guys share with me some effective ways to dispute.

I need to improve my scores witch are in mid 500s. Please help.

1 hour ago, onelove said:

Can you guys share with me some effective ways to dispute.

There is no magic method to remove accurate information.  You have already disputed once too.  The bureaus are not required to keep investigating absent some compelling new information.  

1 hour ago, onelove said:

I need to improve my scores witch are in mid 500s.

If you manage your debt your score will improve.  

Based on your other threads you have bigger problems than your credit score with at least one lawsuit under way and potentially others to follow.  Sending in frivolous disputes now could escalate the speed at which they file their own lawsuits.

18 hours ago, onelove said:

Hello guys,

I am searching for the best way to go about disputing collections and charged off accounts on my report. I have been sending out a letter to the credit bureaus but nothing

ever got Deleted. Always come back as verified or updated. Can you guys share with me some effective ways to dispute.

I need to improve my scores witch are in mid 500s. Please help.

The answer varies widely based on what type, age and various other factors of the bad TLs.  If there are balances still allegedly owed and they are within the statute of limitations to sue, you would have to proceed with the knowledge that they may sue or counter sue if you try aggressive credit repair.

I have used aggressive credit repair methods previously by utilizing the arbitration clauses in most credit card and loan agreements, but even that is not an over night process. It can take over a year (or two) to clear things up.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:27 AM, fisthardcheese said:

The answer varies widely based on what type, age and various other factors of the bad TLs.  If there are balances still allegedly owed and they are within the statute of limitations to sue, you would have to proceed with the knowledge that they may sue or counter sue if you try aggressive credit repair.

I have used aggressive credit repair methods previously by utilizing the arbitration clauses in most credit card and loan agreements, but even that is not an over night process. It can take over a year (or two) to clear things up.

Could you please tell me more about those aggressive repair methods?

On 3/13/2019 at 1:01 PM, onelove said:

utilizing the arbitration clauses in most credit card and loan agreements, but even that is not an over night process. It can take over a year (or two) to clear things up.

^^ Or by suing.

most of the charged off are 2-3 years old. I have disputed all of them multiple time but they keep coming back as verified and updated.

3 hours ago, onelove said:

most of the charged off are 2-3 years old. I have disputed all of them multiple time but they keep coming back as verified and updated.

Who are they with?

28 minutes ago, fisthardcheese said:

Who are they with?

The charged offs are with: CBNA, CHASE, SYNCB, MACYS, COMENITY CAPITAL BANK

3 of those are now in collection with Middland

15 minutes ago, onelove said:

1 Comenity capital bank,  2 syncb

Perfect.  If this were me, I would put priority on working out a settlement deal with Chase.  Chase has no protections for you if they sell it off to another JDB and that collector sues you.  Even if you have to work out a payment plan, I would settle with Chase first.

Midland will likely sue at some point, but I would sit back and let that happen.  I would then use the good arbitration clauses in the card agreements of Comenity and Synchrony to get a dismissal with prejudice which can be used to also remove them from your credit reports.

1 hour ago, fisthardcheese said:

Perfect.  If this were me, I would put priority on working out a settlement deal with Chase.  Chase has no protections for you if they sell it off to another JDB and that collector sues you.  Even if you have to work out a payment plan, I would settle with Chase first.

Midland will likely sue at some point, but I would sit back and let that happen.  I would then use the good arbitration clauses in the card agreements of Comenity and Synchrony to get a dismissal with prejudice which can be used to also remove them from your credit reports.

OK. what about CBNA?

On 3/26/2019 at 3:18 PM, onelove said:

OK. what about CBNA?

Is CBNA CitiBank?  That one also has arbitration, but it is slightly more tricky due to the small claims language in it.

On 3/27/2019 at 3:02 PM, onelove said:

i have used the attached letters but never got a deletion. Do you guys have better ways or letters I could use.

dispute-1st-rond.docx 19.91 kB · 2 downloads Dispute-2ND Rond .doc 40.5 kB · 0 downloads

You can almost guarantee that no letter is going to get a collection account removed that still has a balance showing without going through some type of court or arbitration process.