TexasNanny

AAA vs JAMS Fee's for JDB?

I have found the fee's for AAA but I can't find the fee's that JAMS will charge the JDB. I see many people on this forum claim JAMS is the best choice. I've searched the forum and JAMS website and haven't found a clear answer. On AAA's website it was easy to find the fee's but no luck at all on JAMS. I want to make sure I chose the best possible that will have the JDB running away. 

Thank you!

I happen to disagree that JAMS is the best choice. Their consumer fees are a little higher, but more importantly, their rules are leave room for the possibility that you could get stuck with your opponent's arbitration fees. AAA,  on the other hand, is crystal clear that the business's fees can never be reallocated back to the consumer when the consumer elects arbitration to settle the business's claims.

In the case of a JDB, it's almost certainly a moot point since they have always dismissed as soon as the court orders arbitration and the consumer pays the filing fee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

I happen to disagree that JAMS is the best choice. Their consumer fees are a little higher, but more importantly, their rules are leave room for the possibility that you could get stuck with your opponent's arbitration fees. AAA,  on the other hand, is crystal clear that the business's fees can never be reallocated back to the consumer when the consumer elects arbitration to settle the business's claims.

In the case of a JDB, it's almost certainly a moot point since they have always dismissed as soon as the court orders arbitration and the consumer pays the filing fee. 

Thank you. I know from all the research AAA has been much easier to navigate. I will finish getting all my paperwork ready. 

No luck claiming hardship?

1 minute ago, Goody_Ouchless said:

None at all. I jumped on it when you suggested it.  I called and was told contact the lawyer. I did and was told the perfered method of contact is email so sent an email explaining my situation and I have received NOTHING. The lawyers voicemail stated he would, "Respond within 24 hours". I'm hoping to hear from him but I've got to file my answer and prepare. If he reads the email he will at least know he's fighing a broke woman. With no response from him also makes me question if I want any correspondence with him through email. Well, that might be in my favor at some point also. Who knows. Thanks for checking. 

1 hour ago, Goody_Ouchless said:

PRA is the one JDB that does not have a policy on hardship and doesn't care. Chances are pretty good they say so what and return to lawsuit preparation.

• Sad 1

We will see how this turns out. I will be submitting my Answer and MTC by Wed. I plan to stay on this forum through the process so hopefully my experiance will be able to help others from beginning to end.

Hello All,

I need to start arbitration (had a bunch of stuff come up but I'm ready to file now) I've already had my STAY court appointed. Does anyone know what to put under "dispute" if I'm in arbitration with an OC and not a JDB? Am I seeking any relief? (I'm assuming arbitration costs?) I also understand since I'm going up against an OC (Barclays) I should not expect them to stand down on this. I am only doing this to settle with a small payment rather than paying in full.

Thank you!

Consumer_Demand_for_Arbitration_Form_1.pdf

On 3/4/2019 at 1:55 PM, Goody_Ouchless said:

I find that this is almost never honored once a lawsuit is filed.  They would rather go through the motions and sit on a judgement for 20 years in the hopes of maybe collecting $200 randomly than drop a case due to hardship.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:30 AM, DHABTE said:

Hello All,

I need to start arbitration (had a bunch of stuff come up but I'm ready to file now) I've already had my STAY court appointed. Does anyone know what to put under "dispute" if I'm in arbitration with an OC and not a JDB? Am I seeking any relief? (I'm assuming arbitration costs?) I also understand since I'm going up against an OC (Barclays) I should not expect them to stand down on this. I am only doing this to settle with a small payment rather than paying in full.

Thank you!

Consumer_Demand_for_Arbitration_Form_1.pdf 109.01 kB · 0 downloads

Start your own thread.  But in the meantime, file the arbitration just as you would with a JDB.  Check for FCRA, TCPA or TILA violations.  Barclays will settle for $0 sometimes.  Just stick it out through discovery and then send them a settlement offer for mutual dismissal.