RobinMontrose

Equifax refuses to remove 7 year fraud alert

I tried three times! They say they can't identify my info. I keep sending them all the info they asked for. This has to be willful negligence. What can I do?

Thanks,

Robin

Can you prove what you have sent them?

If not, you must send everything again and scan a copy of your signed letter and included documents. Send it CMRRR.  If they refuse to comply after this, then I would contact a consumer attorney and show them all of your documents and letters you have gotten from Equifax.

I sent the first letter by regular mail, second by CMRRR, third I included a certificate of service at the bottom of the letter sent by regular mail.

6 hours ago, RobinMontrose said:

I sent the first letter by regular mail, second by CMRRR, third I included a certificate of service at the bottom of the letter sent by regular mail.

Did you save copies of the letters and documents you sent them, or do you only have the CMRRR receipts?

A certificate of service would be meaningless to prove they ever received anything.

Just now, RobinMontrose said:

Saved everything. 

Good. Then my suggestion would be to call an attorney in your area that does FCRA work and run your information by them.  They will give you a 30-minute phone consultation for free to determine if they think you have a cause of action against Equifax for willful non compliance.  I think you possibly do have such a case.

21 minutes ago, fisthardcheese said:

Good. Then my suggestion would be to call an attorney in your area that does FCRA work and run your information by them.  They will give you a 30-minute phone consultation for free to determine if they think you have a cause of action against Equifax for willful non compliance.  I think you possibly do have such a case.

I'll do that. Thanks.