sidthekid44

Bank of America emails

Good afternoon!  I am just looking for opinions on emails I receive from Bank of America (see below).  These emails hit my inbox about once a week.  The account was charged off in September of 2013.  I believe BofA is incorporated in North Carolina or Delaware so this should be past the SOL.  The message themselves even reference the fact they will not sue due to the age of debt.  Should I send something like C&D letter and see if they continue to contact me or am I just asking for trouble?  It seems like at this point I can just have these emails sent to spam and be thankful I do not have to pay back a large debt...BUT I have educated myself a bit and do take pride now in sticking up for myself/rights.  Thank you for any and all opinions!

Account number ending in: XXXX
MY NAME: Now that tax refund season is here, this is a reminder that you're still responsible for making payments on the above account until it's paid in full. The outstanding balance on the account, which was charged off because of missed payments, is $X,XXX.
What you need to do
Step 1: Call us at 800.589.7951, Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to midnight, Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 9 p.m. Eastern, to review payment options. Please refer to reference code HTY4 when you call.
OR: If you don't wish to discuss payment arrangements, please choose one of the following payment options:

• One payment of $X,XXX.XX
  • 12 monthly payments plan: 11 payments of $XXX.XX, 12th payment of $XXX.XX
  • 36 monthly payments plan: 35 payments of $XXX.XX, 36th payment of $XXX.XX
  • 60 monthly payments plan: 59 payments of $XXX.XX, 60th payment of $XXX.XX
Step 2: Mail your payment(s) to Bank of America, PO Box 15019, Wilmington, DE 19850-5019. Please be sure to write your account number on the front of your check or money order.
What you need to know
The law limits how long you can be sued on a debt. Because of the age of your debt, we will not sue you for it. We will also not consider any payments you make as extending or restarting the time we have to file a lawsuit.
We're here to help
We appreciate the opportunity to work with you to resolve this debt. If you have questions, please call us at 800.589.7951, Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to midnight, Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 9 p.m. Eastern.
For information on managing your finance and credit, please visit bettermoneyhabits.bankofamerica.com.

Visit us online

This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

This is a service email from Bank of America. Please note that you may receive service emails in accordance with your Bank of America service agreements, whether or not you elect to receive promotional email.

Read our Privacy Notice: www.bankofamerica.com/privacy/consumer-privacy-notice.go

Please don't reply directly to this automatically generated email message.

Bank of America Email, NC1-028-09-01, 150 N College St., Charlotte, NC 28255

Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender:

2 hours ago, sidthekid44 said:

Should I send something like C&D letter and see if they continue to contact me or am I just asking for trouble? 

Send the cease and desist. If they don't  sue them.

• Thanks 1

First off, this is a OC if truly from B of A so they are not bound by the FDCPA. That said, if the debt is really outside of SOL (you need to check to make sure New York uses the statute borrowing rules), then you can send a C&D but you might be better off just to ignore the email. As far as you are concerned, you never received it.