No Service - Judgement Default - Paid in Full - Can I Sue?

Recommended Posts

Not sure what I will do with this but since this case from 2015 (when judgement was entered) I've learned a lot about this business of junk debt buying.

I was not served in this case. 

Default judgement.

They came after me, I paid it in full by Jan 2018.

They entered a non-service 3 months after the judgement was granted.

Can I sue? Ideally for the whole amount back. I know, this may be a pipe dream, but you never know unless you ask.

I am in Wisconsin, Milwaukee County.

I had no idea when I paid, I thought they had a court order so I was left with no options.

Not sure if there would be an SOL on this.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.