Sign in to follow this  
THELEGEND

Motion to compel ARBITRATION

Guys my upcoming case is next month.I filed a motion to compel arbitration in april. It soon will be 30 days and havent heard anything from plantiff. Is this normal? Why havent they objected or  will they just wait for court date.

2 hours ago, THELEGEND said:

Guys my upcoming case is next month.I filed a motion to compel arbitration in april. It soon will be 30 days and havent heard anything from plantiff. Is this normal? Why havent they objected or  will they just wait for court date.

STOP starting a new thread every time you have a question. 

3 hours ago, THELEGEND said:

Sometimes they don't respond to the motion.  Is the plaintiff a JDB?  Their attorneys usually aren't legal scholars.  They are used to easy prey, the default judgments, and responding to a MTC Arb is above their pay grade and skill level.

If they don't respond to your motion, then your motion should be granted by default.  Be sure to stress this in court.  The court wouldn't give you a break if you failed to respond to a motion filed by the plaintiff, right?  So they shouldn't get a break either.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nobk4me said:

Sometimes they don't respond to the motion.  Is the plaintiff a JDB?  Their attorneys usually aren't legal scholars.  They are used to easy prey, the default judgments, and responding to a MTC Arb is above their pay grade and skill level.

If they don't respond to your motion, then your motion should be granted by default.  Be sure to stress this in court.  The court wouldn't give you a break if you failed to respond to a motion filed by the plaintiff, right?  So they shouldn't get a break either.

Yes its junk debt buyer..You can bet i will bring it up..