TroubleinFL

Being sued by Portfolio but with a twist...UPDATED...DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE

I hope you kept a copy of the agreement. In any case, I would call them at this point and ask when they will file with the court (don't bother with email). If they don't, when this goes back to court after the 6 month deadline, bring in your copy of the agreement and inform the judge that they sent it to you and you signed it and wonder why they did not file with the court.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, WhoCares1000 said:

I hope you kept a copy of the agreement. In any case, I would call them at this point and ask when they will file with the court (don't bother with email). If they don't, when this goes back to court after the 6 month deadline, bring in your copy of the agreement and inform the judge that they sent it to you and you signed it and wonder why they did not file with the court.

I did as it was all via email so I have it all. That was kind of what I was thinking as well but wasn't sure if I needed to at least go in with a JAMS Case ID in my hand as well. Thanks for the response.

You are covered.  You have an agreement in writing from them.  This is an enforceable contract in court.  It is actually very common for attorneys to not act until a deadline is upon them.  When the court date is coming up, I bet they finish this up and file the dismissal.  If they don't, like already mentioned, just bring the settlement agreement to court with you and ask the judge to enforce the settlement agreement that they have failed to file.

Just to finalize this, I received PRA's Voluntary Dismissal with Prejudice several weeks ago.

I can't thank each of you enough for your help and support. I would not have succeeded without the advice and information provided here and would've been screwed had I gone with some of the information on the internet.

Again, my sincere thanks to all of you.

• Like 4