Sign in to follow this  
Shiva

CitiBank Charge Off

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. Please let me know if I am not following the forum codes.

Citibank is my first credit card in United States. I got that in 2016. I was a college student by then. I didn't use it well and missed the payments. Now it is in Charge off.

When I called Citibank about it. They told me its charged off. If I want I can send the payment to the address. (I feel like they are least concerned about it) They are not providing me a email address for me to communicate with them for Pay for delete.

Since the amount is only $1800. I am planning to pay them off in full.

But as expected my credit score is in 600. I wanted to improve it. What can I do now?

They will almost certainly not do a pay for delete.  

Your choices are to pay it off in full, or try to negotiate a payment.  

Realize if you don’t pay it in full you will almost certainly never get another Citi card.  A lot of places use Citi cards. 

If you do pay in full, maybe you can and maybe you can’t. 

As for your credit score — it will get better with time.  Manage your debt and your finances first.  Your credit score will eventually improve. 

11 hours ago, Shiva said:

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. Please let me know if I am not following the forum codes.

Citibank is my first credit card in United States. I got that in 2016. I was a college student by then. I didn't use it well and missed the payments. Now it is in Charge off.

When I called Citibank about it. They told me its charged off. If I want I can send the payment to the address. (I feel like they are least concerned about it) They are not providing me a email address for me to communicate with them for Pay for delete.

Since the amount is only $1800. I am planning to pay them off in full.

But as expected my credit score is in 600. I wanted to improve it. What can I do now?

600 is not bad for having a fresh charge off with a balance owed on it.

They will not remove the account from your credit reports.  Once you pay it off, the $0 balance reported with increase your score.  Other than that, just time will help.  The further you move away from the charge off date, the more your score will slowly creep up.

Thank you!

I will pay off the debt first!!

That will help.

Thanks again for the responses!!