You need a legal basis to ask the court for dismissal.  What would that be?

Unfortunately if you do not settle you will have to defend this because Cap1 removed arbitration as an option almost a decade ago.

8 minutes ago, Lark77 said:

Legal basis would be that they have not proven that they own the account or that they have the legal right to collect. I have no contact with them and they haven't shown that they purchased anything more than my contract information and alleged final statement. 

The court will not dismiss right now because the plaintiff is not required to prove its claims right when it files the lawsuit.  

1 hour ago, Lark77 said:

I have no contact with them

Ohio is not a right to cure state.  Midland was not required to contact you prior to suing.  Adding to that they were not required to use certified mail and prove you received any communication from them.  They only need to produce a copy of correspondence they state they sent to you and it is considered sent regardless of whether you received it.

1 hour ago, Lark77 said:

Legal basis would be that they have not proven that they own the account or that they have the legal right to collect.

Those are facts to be determined at trial not in the filing of the complaint.

54 minutes ago, Lark77 said:

Ah, okay, so if I remove the request for dismissal would the rest be okay?

I am not a fan of answering everything the same but it should be fine.

54 minutes ago, Lark77 said:

Do you think I need to add some affirmative defenses?

Do you have any?  You cannot just add them for the sake of it.  The one I would raise if I were you is lack of standing.  You want them to prove their standing at trial.  All the others you read about are not available to you:  the SOL is not expired, OH does not allow statute of fraud defenses in credit card cases, and you are not a victim of identity theft so not mine doesn't work. What ones were you thinking of using?

Dismissal will not help you, as @Clydesmom pointed out. Having a solid defence in a situation like this is grim at best. They have everything they need to get a judgment against you. Unfortunately this is a OC debt with Cap1. They have no arbitration clause in their CC agreement, that takes any golden ticket you had out of the equation. I would try my hand at settling with them, I think that may be your best course of action. Im sorry, I wish I had great advise to give, but unfortunately without arbitration the battle is much harder.