Sign in to follow this  
Mike_From_Vermont

QWR Letter to reverse negative credit reports

Long story short: we purchased our house through the infamous Countrywide Home Loans predatory system of 2008, missed two payments when we adopted our children and it went downhill from there.  We could've done things better, they mishandled and screwed us over bad, yada yada yada.  Now we're finally in the final stages of foreclosure, but worked an agreement out with the bank in May of 2018 to not contest the foreclosure on our end (speeds up paperwork and process on their end) in exchange for a stipulation that they waive seeking deficiency payments (the difference of what the foreclosure sells at auction vs what we owe) so our remaining balance after the sale is $0 owed to them.  

What I need advice/help with is that i requested the negative credit reports they (bank) have submitted since May 2018 date of our agreement until now be reversed.  WHy would we pay mortgage payments after agreeing to the foreclosure?  We're out of the house (4 years now) and it's vacant.  They seem to agree, but state we must submit a QWR letter to the bank.  Is this normal?  Are we reasonable?

Thank you,

Mike from Vermont

51 minutes ago, Mike_From_Vermont said:

Long story short: we purchased our house through the infamous Countrywide Home Loans predatory system of 2008, missed two payments when we adopted our children and it went downhill from there.  We could've done things better, they mishandled and screwed us over bad, yada yada yada.  Now we're finally in the final stages of foreclosure, but worked an agreement out with the bank in May of 2018 to not contest the foreclosure on our end (speeds up paperwork and process on their end) in exchange for a stipulation that they waive seeking deficiency payments (the difference of what the foreclosure sells at auction vs what we owe) so our remaining balance after the sale is $0 owed to them.  

What I need advice/help with is that i requested the negative credit reports they (bank) have submitted since May 2018 date of our agreement until now be reversed.  WHy would we pay mortgage payments after agreeing to the foreclosure?  We're out of the house (4 years now) and it's vacant.  They seem to agree, but state we must submit a QWR letter to the bank.  Is this normal?  Are we reasonable?

Thank you,

Mike from Vermont

What's the letter going to hurt?  Are you opposed to it for some reason?