texasnavyvet

Being Sued by Midland Funding LLC - Texas

50 minutes ago, texasrocker said:

Your answer is fine in Texas courts.  It does not "need tweaking."  Do not file it electronically; make two copies and deliver it to the court in person and ask them to file stamp one copy for you to keep.

What?  This may be relevant in Ohio courts but is irrelevant in Texas and nothing needs to be in .pdf form.

s/he was concerned whether or not to file the mtc with the answer and the answer is no. if they wish to file MTC with answer so be it.

2 hours ago, texasrocker said:

Your answer is fine in Texas courts.  It does not "need tweaking."  Do not file it electronically; make two copies and deliver it to the court in person and ask them to file stamp one copy for you to keep.

What?  This may be relevant in Ohio courts but is irrelevant in Texas and nothing needs to be in .pdf form.

Thank you texasrocker.  I was going to file my response in person at the court and get all copies file stamped.  I was talking about notifying the JDB of demand for arbitration.

2 hours ago, Robby8900 said:

Needs some tweaking. I can show an  example of all you need. Keep it simple.

EXAMPLE OF ANSWER AND AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE.pdf 91.21 kB · 5 downloads

I appreciate your response.

I responded in the format of the document I received which has been said to do not only in these forums, but on the various Texas lawyer sights I viewed gathering information. 

I was more concerned about the verbiage in my response.  I noticed @texasrocker said it was fine, so I am going to listen to him since he is more versed in the Texas laws.

1 hour ago, Robby8900 said:

s/he was concerned whether or not to file the mtc with the answer and the answer is no. if they wish to file MTC with answer so be it.

I am a she.  That was only part of my question.  As I understand it, I must notify the JDB that I demand arbitration before I file the MTC.  My thought was that I send an email to the email address they provided in their petition on the same day I go file the MTC with the court with the said email being attached as exhibit A.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, texasnavyvet said:

I am a she.  That was only part of my question.  As I understand it, I must notify the JDB that I demand arbitration before I file the MTC.  My thought was that I send an email to the email address they provided in their petition on the same day I go file the MTC with the court with the said email being attached as exhibit A.

No.  Just file an MTC in court, then send the ATTORNEY a copy of the MTC like you do with anything you file with the court.