TexasGirl8002

Help! Tried to file MTC Arbitration in Texas Justice Court and was told I had to have an attorney!

Yes, send a respectful email to the attorney and attach the initial signed agreement.  Tell them that the agreement was to dismiss with prejudice, but that they filed a non-suit without prejudice.  Ask them to please correct this mistake right away.  Give them a couple weeks.  If they don't act on it or don't respond, then my next move would be to contact a consumer attorney that does FDCPA work near me for fun and profit. :)

On 10/4/2020 at 11:27 AM, Superdad3d said:

@TexasGirl8002 Well what happened with your case? Were they being shady or was it a mistake?

1 hour ago, defaultjudgment said:

I'm very curious too. Give us an update

*****Update

I apologize for not posting the result. I did as @fisthardcheesesuggested and sent a respectful email explaining the situation. The attorney apologized and assured me that it was a mix up. I followed up with the court and verified the correct document was filed to dismiss WITH prejudice. I also checked my credit report and verified that it had been removed.  Yay!

• Like 4
On 10/29/2020 at 4:08 PM, TexasGirl8002 said:

*****Update

I apologize for not posting the result. I did as @fisthardcheesesuggested and sent a respectful email explaining the situation. The attorney apologized and assured me that it was a mix up. I followed up with the court and verified the correct document was filed to dismiss WITH prejudice. I also checked my credit report and verified that it had been removed.  Yay!

Very well done!!

Is there any way you can help me out? I just got served and was reading your thread. That you got your case dismissed with an MTC. That’s awesome I am actually also in Smith county and got served by midland credit management 2 days ago. Would appreciate your help. Thanks. I just want to know what your answer was like and what template you used to file?