Social Security Scam

Goody_Ouchless

Howdy, gang - 

My wife has started getting calls (number shows as Texas) saying that there's "fraudulent use" of her SSN and that the police are coming to arrest her - typical scam tactics. They keep asking for her SSN and then hang up when she starts giving them back their own double talk. Anyone else getting these lately? It used to be the same thing, except fake IRS.

Lost count of the number of messages left on my Google Voice and cell phone stating my SS# has been suspended due to suspicious activity.  Personally I think we should be allowed to take a baseball bat to their knee caps for wasting time and energy having to block or delete their calls let alone actually talk to them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clydesmom said:

Lost count of the number of messages left on my Google Voice and cell phone stating my SS# has been suspended due to suspicious activity.  Personally I think we should be allowed to take a baseball bat to their knee caps for wasting time and energy having to block or delete their calls let alone actually talk to them.

If you wish to fly to Bangalore, you probably could get away with taking a baseball bat to their knees.

Joking aside, I have thought about spoofing my number to a Miami phone number, calling them back, saying I am Tony Montana and demanding that they return my cocaine, or else and see what happens. Put in a few Scarface quotes to really confuse them. Try to take them so far off their script they have no clue what is going on.

• Like 1