Want2beclear

Being Sued by Cavalry (Synchrony Bank) in MI

4 hours ago, arbitration or chapter 7 said:

These results are so encouraging, thank you @Want2beclearfor all your posts!

I honestly believe that many of these JDB attorney's just want a quick win/default judgement.  Follow the advice of @Brotherskeeper, he definitely knows his stuff.  It can sometimes seem confusing dealing with legal-ese/terminology, but work through it slowly.  Follow the advice and ask questions.  Good luck!

4 hours ago, Brotherskeeper said:

Wow. Did you happen to notice if his nose started growing longer as he spoke? Like Pinnochio's? 

No kidding!  The way he was talking to me, he was trying to make it sound as if he was doing me a favor...you know, with leaving the whole negotiation option still on the table.  I swear, it took him maybe 1 second in total to make his counter offer once it became apparent that I would go through the motion for arbitration.

I have to admit...at first I thought the plaintiff didn't show up because it was almost 9:15 before he entered the courtroom.  I was thinking, great, how do  I ask the judge to dismiss the case because he didn't show....without sounding like an idiot.  lol  

The woman he talked to before me...I wish I would have stuck around just to see what he offered her....somehow, I have a feeling that he struck up a payment plan deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Want2beclear said:

I honestly believe that many of these JDB attorney's just want a quick win/default judgement.

Ideally, yes, but experience has shown that their resolve ebbs and flows, like everything. Texas is an extreme example of where we'll see a string of plaintiffs folding as soon as the defendant answers the complaint, and then one or two will put real effort into arguments against the granting of arbitration - it makes no sense: Fighting against an MTC is always a losing proposition, yet then they fold against someone who will try to argue "standing."

This is why we (hopefully) tell people to pay attention to details and always follow though. The system works if done correctly and consistently. Congratulations!

2 hours ago, Want2beclear said:

I swear, it took him maybe 1 second in total to make his counter offer once it became apparent that I would go through the motion for arbitration.

A wise fellow knows when to fold. 

• Like 1

He called it a consent judgement, though?  Have you gotten anything in writing yet? What was the judge's order in the end?

Calling it a consent judgement sounds fishy to me.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 11:55 PM, fisthardcheese said:

He called it a consent judgement, though?  Have you gotten anything in writing yet? What was the judge's order in the end?

Calling it a consent judgement sounds fishy to me.

I might have mistakenly called it that....and no, I have not received anything from the plaintiff, as of yet.  I expect it today(Monday), tomorrow at the latest.  Once I receive it, I'll post a copy here.  When our case was called in front of the judge, the plaintiff said we had reached an agreement to dismiss with prejudice, that he would send over the paperwork for me to sign, and once it was signed it would be submitted to the Court.