RebeccaL

Help with response to request for docs & interrogatories AMEX

I think I need a little guidance.  I have filed response to summons from AMEX and now responding to request for documents and interrogatories.  I have done some research and feel like I am headed the right direction, but want to know if anyone out there can assist.  First the Plaintiff's Request for Production of Documents ... I have one issue and that is they have the wrong name on it.  In a couple of places, i.e., Responding Party (pretty important I would think) and in body of document stating Defendant (wrong first name is listed), indicates a male and I am female.  So quite different.  Secondly, my main complaint is that over a timeperiod I received not one but two correspond notating that the account was transferred to another company.  Gatesstone and NCI.  Now it appears to be back at AMEX.  I am confused and does this include even more charges to compensate for their mishandling?  I am thinking of using the following answer to the interrogatories as it applies:

They want me to confirm many statements regarding a specific account and specific CC number.  It has been so long I do not have the card or most of the docs.  I cannot confirm if this is even the same account.  Any suggestions.

image.png.b0f55f87b64a853e45773b9d3ba271cc.png

12 minutes ago, RebeccaL said:

I think I need a little guidance.  I have filed response to summons from AMEX and now responding to request for documents and interrogatories.  I have done some research and feel like I am headed the right direction, but want to know if anyone out there can assist.  First the Plaintiff's Request for Production of Documents ... I have one issue and that is they have the wrong name on it.  In a couple of places, i.e., Responding Party (pretty important I would think) and in body of document stating Defendant (wrong first name is listed), indicates a male and I am female.  So quite different.  Secondly, my main complaint is that over a timeperiod I received not one but two correspond notating that the account was transferred to another company.  Gatesstone and NCI.  Now it appears to be back at AMEX.  I am confused and does this include even more charges to compensate for their mishandling?  I am thinking of using the following answer to the interrogatories as it applies:

They want me to confirm many statements regarding a specific account and specific CC number.  It has been so long I do not have the card or most of the docs.  I cannot confirm if this is even the same account.  Any suggestions.

image.png.b0f55f87b64a853e45773b9d3ba271cc.png

Hopefully, some California members will respond  soon.

@RyanEX

@sadinca

@calawyer

Based on a web search it appears Gatesstone and NCI are debt collection agencies that worked for AMEX.

How much time do you have to answer their discovery request? They would have included a proof of service with the requests, indicating when they placed it in the mail - you have 35 days from that day to place your response in the mail.

Thanks for the heads up.  I have until the 7/16.