Sign in to follow this  
MadMom12345

Never served but garnished wages!

I woke up today with zero dollars in 3 accounts, one was my kids account. Pollack and Rosen froze $3900 of to satisfy a $500 credit card debt from 2001. Is this legal? I'm in FL.

2 hours ago, MadMom12345 said:

I woke up today with zero dollars in 3 accounts, one was my kids account. Pollack and Rosen froze $3900 of to satisfy a $500 credit card debt from 2001. Is this legal? I'm in FL.

When did the account default, sounds like SOL may save the day.

3 hours ago, MadMom12345 said:

If this were me, I would be on the phone with a consumer attorney.  I would google attorneys near me who do FDCPA work and find the biggest one or one with best reviews and explain this to them. I would call several if I have to.   If you don't find one willing to look into this for you, let us know and we can go from there.

Also in the meantime, I would check your county court websites and see if you can find this case that you were never made aware of.  It will be important to see what the file contains, especially related to service.

Does anyone know if @LawKitty is still active here?

I once had something similar happen to me. 

I ran up some unpaid phone bills in Kings County NY.  Later, I was living in New York County.  During that time they managed to get a default judgment against me I didn’t know about.  They found my bank account and froze it.  

That was legal because they had a judgment.  

Which is why you need to find out if there was a judgment against you.  If there was, they may be within their rights to freeze your account.  If not, sue the bajabbers out of them.