Sign in to follow this  
LilBoricua103

Midland Funding Lawsuit-Texas

Hi there,

I was hoping someone could assist me.  We are being sued by Midland Funding LLC in the JP court in Houston, TX.  (side note, portfolio is after us too on another account at the same court-really stressing here).  That being said, we filed an answer back in May.  We got a notice of trial setting in the mail about a week ago for October and it also said we needed to let them know if we want a jury trial.  Our confusion is WHY in the world would Midland funding file a motion for default judgment on July 18 when we filed an answer?  We filed using a template someone suggested on here and gave a copy to the court, kept one, and mailed one certified mail return receipt.  Did they file that in error?  Can someone give me tips on how to proceed?  TIA.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 7.16.51 PM.png

Did you serve your answer on ONLY the court?  If so, that is why.   You have to serve the answer on the court AND the Plaintiff.

No.  I sent them a copy certified mail/return receipt.  I have proof I mailed them a copy as well.  What do you suggest my next step should be?  I'm really hoping someone can help me.  Our court date is next month.