Sign in to follow this  
harleyp

Broken lease judgement with 4 other defenants

New to the site hope I'm doing this right. 

My question is can you be sued again if you stop paying on a 3 year old judgement for a broken lease in 2010 in Arizona.

They can't "sue again", but since they have a judgment, they can just get a wage garnishment order, as well as levy your bank accounts and put liens on all of your property.

Just as Harry stated, you can not be sued again, however they have enough with their judgment to persuade the judge to take further action. It may be in your best interest to setup a payment plan that works for you, if you can. It would be far less stressful to pay them rather then them taking a much higher payment right from your bank account. Best of luck, I hope you can come to some sort of middle ground with them.

Can you file for a release of judgement if you feel that you've paid your fair share of the judgement.

I feel that the other 3 defendants haven't paid a dime.

Each person named in the lease is 100% responsible for the entire amount. It's not the landlord's problem that you rented a house with 3 deadbeats. 

Wow what? It's the law and there was a contract. The landlord is entitled to be made whole by everyone that agreed he would get paid what is owed to him. 

On 9/19/2019 at 7:46 PM, harleyp said:

Can you file for a release of judgement if you feel that you've paid your fair share of the judgement.

I feel that the other 3 defendants haven't paid a dime.

Your remedy is to pay 100% of the judgement and then sue the other 3 for 3/4 of the amount.

I would contact the judgement holder and see if they will work out a settlement deal for less than the full amount and file the judgement as satisfied with the court