september Posted October 13, 2019 Report Share Posted October 13, 2019 i have only been reading this message board for a couple days looking for a situation close to mine. ive been unsuccessful so i decided to post a direct message. so back in 2011 my husband and i filed bankruptcy together. all was discharged including 2 homes. i began working again and was able to start re establishing credit and was doing great until 2014 when a brain bleed caused a stroke, coma life support ect...lucky to be alive and needed to recover. the first couple years after the stroke were ok however im still unable to drive, memory issues but i had CC to make up for me not being employed but as timr went on i guess it really hit me that i wasnt going to be able to work again, i messed up financially again and there was really no way out so i basically threw my hand up and gave up. i was drowning. i am drowning. monitoring my phone calls ive doged them all. then last friday a call from a private number i answered thinking it was my mother in law and i was stuck. she called out my first name and i said yes (thinking it was my mother in law) she started in with her script and begged me not to hang up. so i stood there. listened and basically reaffirmed my debt. shes asking me to set up a payment plan. and i said ill see what i can do since i dont have a job and my husband is the only one working. thats where im at. this was midland credit management by the way and what ive read on the internet basically they often go back on their word with the arrangements so im glad that i didnt give her any info. this is my questions...can they go after my husband for the debt? like can they put a lein on his bank account if my name is on it too? if i just decided to file BR without my husband does that mean we could lose the house? (my name is NOT on the house) i really dont know what to do. i really cant afford to pay it. but it seems like when she called then i got another call from another one (collector). i just cant believe im in this situation again. the debt is close to 8k so im sure they will try sueing next. shes calling back on monday after ive talked it over with my husband in regards to giving up my account info. and we have decided not to give it up until i receive the arrangement in writing (which she said they dont do unless there is a payment arrangement with linked account on file) i do have a brain injury which can cause me to be impulsive and vulnerable. so i really want to be prepared. thank you for reading. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.