Grorich2da

Account Transferred

I have a credit card account that went delinquent in 2013 that has been reporting past due affecting my utilization.  I disputed that account in 09/2019 and no changes made.  The issue is that the account was transferred 09/2019 but the OC reported a past due  10/19 and not reporting that it was transferred and to whom.  Question is how long does the OC have to report transferred and update the balance to 0?

41 minutes ago, Grorich2da said:

I have a credit card account that went delinquent in 2013 that has been reporting past due affecting my utilization.  I disputed that account in 09/2019 and no changes made.  The issue is that the account was transferred 09/2019 but the OC reported a past due  10/19 and not reporting that it was transferred and to whom.  Question is how long does the OC have to report transferred and update the balance to 0?

By “transferred”, do you mean sold?   Or was it simply assigned to a collection agency to collect for the original creditor?

How do you know it was transferred?

I spoke with representative name Ciera and asked did you buy the debt or was it transferred to you?  She said it was transferred  Total Card is the agency

I have child support reporting two different balances with the same account number.  I sent a dispute to note two past due reporting twice with the same account number.  CR say that it has two different open dates so they can report multiple past due, therefor listing two accounts with the past due same account number is fair. Any thoughts?