Sign in to follow this  
nobie19

what to do after receiving DV?

Recommended Posts

Hi, everyone, I have recently mailed out 2 DV to 2 different collection.

1st is midland credit management, they sent me a credit application, without any amount I owe or any statement, just my personal info.  is that a valid debt validation? what should I do with it?

2nd one I sent to 2 different collection agencies colleting the same debt. then southwest airline sent me 2 statements one is more recent. the other one is back in 02/05/2013. what should I do next?

I am located in CA. I am really new to this, should I wait for being sue or should I contact them to arrange payment to prevent getting sue. but the 2nd one tho, I don't know who I should talk to because the letter was not from the 2 different collection agencies, was from southwest airline. I don't know which one is actually handling this debt.

I am really confuse here. please help. thank you so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What they sent is good enough for validation, so that's a dead end. 

Can you give more info please on what you mean that two agencies are collecting on the southwest airlines debt. Are both CAs showing on your credit report? How far apart did you receive collection letters from each CA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

What they sent is good enough for validation, so that's a dead end. 

Can you give more info please on what you mean that two agencies are collecting on the southwest airlines debt. Are both CAs showing on your credit report? How far apart did you receive collection letters from each CA?

none of these CAs shows on my report. not even MIDLAND,  the 2 agencies colleting samedebt, still shows JPM not those 2 collecting agencies.  I received both collection letters maybe 3 weeks apart from each CA.

I have changed my name, MIDLAND debt was under my previous name. is it that's why it doesn't show on my current credit report?  can they still sue me if the name is not matched?  

thank you for your reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, nobie19 said:

I received both collection letters maybe 3 weeks apart from each CA.

This is strange. It's probably just a mix up with Chase mistakenly assigning it to two different CAs. I would contact the Chase to see which one of them is the correct CA.

25 minutes ago, nobie19 said:

can they still sue me if the name is not matched?

Yes, of course. You're still you and still owe the debt no matter what your name is.

I would assume you will get sued, at least by Midland. If the southwest airlines is still owned by Chase, they themselves may sue or may sell it to a JDB like Midland who will probably sue you eventually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, nobie19 said:

none of these CAs shows on my report. not even MIDLAND,  the 2 agencies colleting samedebt, still shows JPM not those 2 collecting agencies.  I received both collection letters maybe 3 weeks apart from each CA.

I have changed my name, MIDLAND debt was under my previous name. is it that's why it doesn't show on my current credit report?  can they still sue me if the name is not matched?  

thank you for your reply

Is the OC reporting?  If so, does it show that the account has been “sold” or “transferred”?   Does it show a balance owed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, Harry Seaward said:

This is strange. It's probably just a mix up with Chase mistakenly assigning it to two different CAs. I would contact the Chase to see which one of them is the correct CA.

Yes, of course. You're still you and still owe the debt no matter what your name is.

I would assume you will get sued, at least by Midland. If the southwest airlines is still owned by Chase, they themselves may sue or may sell it to a JDB like Midland who will probably sue you eventually. 

thank you for your reply, so since they sent me the valid validating. I should contact them to arrange payment to prevent getting sue?  will they send me any document before they sue me? or they will just serve me without any notice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, BV80 said:

Is the OC reporting?  If so, does it show that the account has been “sold” or “transferred”?   Does it show a balance owed?

the OC still showing on my report. none of the collection company show on my credit report. it just shows the OC and it shows derogatory.

what should I do with it? contact the OC? I try not to get sue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, nobie19 said:

I should contact them to arrange payment to prevent getting sue?

This is the only control you have over their decision to sue you. We don't have crystal balls here so we can't predict with any degree of certainty whether they will or won't sue, but based on previous reports here, chances are good that they will sue if you do nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nobie19 said:

the OC still showing on my report. none of the collection company show on my credit report. it just shows the OC and it shows derogatory.

what should I do with it? contact the OC? I try not to get sue.

Does the OC’s entry on your credit report say anything about “sold” or “transferred”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BV80 said:

Does the OC’s entry on your credit report say anything about “sold” or “transferred”?

it shows derogatory, it doesn't say transfer or sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nobie19 said:

it shows derogatory, it doesn't say transfer or sold.

Then it’s possible that the OC still owns the account.  If you want to settle, contact the OC and talk to them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this