chuckgst

Being sued by Velocity Investments LLC

On 3/9/2020 at 1:48 PM, chuckgst said:

The attorney just called me to to ask if I wanted to settle the account. Not sure what I should have asked for. I just told them that I was not settling at this time.

This was a giant mistake.  When the other side asks what you want, why would you not tell them???  Do you not want this case to be over?  I would have immediately said I would agree to a stipulated dismissal with prejudice.  After all, that is what you want.  Why would you decide to not ask for this and continue a case for more months just to hope to get back around to that exact same spot again?

If this were me, I would be emailing the Attorney today stating that I am willing to drop my AAA claims with prejudice in exchange for a dismissal with prejudice of their court case.

• Thanks 1
On 10/26/2019 at 1:01 PM, Clydesmom said:

That is because you used a REALLY bad letter from the internet that is riddled with inaccuracies.  They are not required to provide any of that to comply with validation.  All sending that letter did was tell them you can cut and paste from the internet.

Use the arbitration strategy.  We have at least 3 members who have defeated Velocity doing that.

Hi there, I am currently trying to keep my Arbitration case open after the judge granted it . They AAA want the “ arbitration agreement “ which have sent 3 times now , basically the clause that states page 15(b) in the prosper contract. And the Demand for Arbitration is done ect. The Velocity lawyers are objecting left and right, and I also filed a motions for sanctions because hey kept asking for a hearing , which the judge canceled all hearings but only stayed the case. I don’t know if they will respond to the AAA filing, but it is not as easy to file as it looks on the website. Any thoughts or Jedi mind offerings will be appreciated:)

On 4/16/2020 at 5:12 PM, fisthardcheese said:

This was a giant mistake.  When the other side asks what you want, why would you not tell them???  Do you not want this case to be over?  I would have immediately said I would agree to a stipulated dismissal with prejudice.  After all, that is what you want.  Why would you decide to not ask for this and continue a case for more months just to hope to get back around to that exact same spot again?

If this were me, I would be emailing the Attorney today stating that I am willing to drop my AAA claims with prejudice in exchange for a dismissal with prejudice of their court case.

The lawyers here with velocity, keep trying to get the court hearings with their objections. I offered to exchange for a dismissal with prejudice but they just sent in an objection to staying the case. 

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

The lawyers here with velocity, keep trying to get the court hearings with their objections. I offered to exchange for a dismissal with prejudice but they just sent in an objection to staying the case. 

It would probably be better for you to start your own thread.  Your comments come in the middle of discussing someone else’s case and seem to be in the middle of your case with absolutely no context.  Thus, I can’t see how anyone could help you until you start your own thread with a lot more information