Ladybldog

Old collections

Hi~ I have recently come into a bit of money and will be paying off some recent medical bills/collections (that are actively collecting, none one credit reports). We have a 3 year plan to buy a house. I have about 3g in medical collection from between 2-4 years ago as well and have had zero contact from those collectors and nothing listed on my credit reports. I have enough to pay the recent bills. I had filed BK previously and know from that experience I had collections that I was never called on and were never on report. I know contacting the collection agencies to inquire will def start the collection process but feel like I should just "ignore" them as there has been zero contact and hope for best. But of course with my luck, I buy a house in 3 years and during closing all these collections pop up on my report. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. 

How long ago was the bankruptcy?  That should have discharged all the debts you had at that time, so they should not be reporting, no matter what.

If you are planning to buy a house, there are a few things you should know.

1. If something does not show up on your credit report, it will probably not hurt you when you are house hunting.

2. Some places will put an item on your credit report as soon as you start applying for loans.  Which means you can't ignore the stuff in collections.

The only bills you specifically mentioned were medical bills.  

In general, if you call up and arrange a payment plan you can live with, medical debts will stay out of collections if not in collections yet, and if the debt is in collections but not on your credit report, it will stay off your credit report  

So why not call, and work out some arrangement, perhaps with an auto deduct, in return for keeping the debt off your CRAs?