Hearing Request Timing Question

Impress

So I realized that it's been two weeks since my mom filed her answer and MTC Arb, but it got me thinking.  I know she's going to have to contact the courts to set a hearing date for her motion, but I started wondering if there is a particular window in which one does this.  I'm not looking for rules per say, just curious what other people's rule of thumb is (for any motion, not just arbitration).  For example, do you wait 30 days to give the other side time or call the next day after filing?  Or somewhere in between?

1 hour ago, Impress said:

I know she's going to have to contact the courts to set a hearing date for her motion, but I started wondering if there is a particular window in which one does this.

If this is in Justice Court the court will automatically set a hearing date.  When I sued a CA I filed a motion for summary judgment and within 10 days of filing it received notice of the hearing date from the court and that notice was sent to the CA's lawyer as well.