Sign in to follow this  
Nana2709

Settle with Discover

41 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

This board isn't about giving out  warm fuzzies. It was crystal clear from the onset that your only interest was to cause Discover as much grief as possible despite the fact they did nothing wrong. I find it ironic that you said you felt bullied on this board, but this whole thing started with you trying to bully Discover. 

Do you work for discover? 

42 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

This board isn't about giving out  warm fuzzies. It was crystal clear from the onset that your only interest was to cause Discover as much grief as possible despite the fact they did nothing wrong. I find it ironic that you said you felt bullied on this board, but this whole thing started with you trying to bully Discover. 

If I listened you I'd give up all my rights. What's your motive

14 hours ago, Nana2709 said:

I was pretty digusted with some feedback I got

Yet something tells me you are used to that, out in the world. 

23 minutes ago, Nana2709 said:

Do you work for discover?

No. My job has nothing to do with finance, but is this the best response you've got to what i said? 

21 minutes ago, Nana2709 said:

If I listened you I'd give up all my rights. What's your motive

You don't have a right to run up a bunch of debt, refuse to repay it and then cost the creditor tens of thousands of $$$ trying to get it back with virtually 0% chance of recovering it from you, so what rights do you believe i suggested you give up? You entered into a contract with Discover. Do you understand that? 

2 hours ago, Harry Seaward said:

No. My job has nothing to do with finance, but is this the best response you've got to what i said? 

You don't have a right to run up a bunch of debt, refuse to repay it and then cost the creditor tens of thousands of $$$ trying to get it back with virtually 0% chance of recovering it from you, so what rights do you believe i suggested you give up? You entered into a contract with Discover. Do you understand that? 

So I ask you again- what is this forum for? Is that what this forums are for to exchange legal minds?

If anyone was to listen to you- they would have a lien against them, judgment against them. 

Your opinions do not matter to me- we are all here to share ideas and processes- not to judge one another. 

The debt is not for you to judge. You shouldn't be allowed to give any feedback or ideas as your not open minded. 

I did everything the opposite of what you barked at me and WON big time.  Do not give me your lecture. 

2 hours ago, Goody_Ouchless said:

Yet something tells me you are used to that, out in the world. 

not at all. Most everyone was very kind here. Besides the staffer who is giving everyone horrible advice which is bury your head and allow garnishments and judgments to take place. 
The other who is known as " clydemom" here to try to scare you into a panic mode. 

I have had no other issues with anyone here. It scares me that one can tell someone just roll over and play dead. Not even criminals are treated this way. There is a due process in life- innocent until proven guilty . I just laughed at the so call staffer who THANK GOD is not an attorney otherwise would lose his licenses for lack of fiduciary duty. There is a bigger motive by those two parties. 

I think you miss my point, but that, as well. is probably typical. Just know that when you go to a store, bank, restaurant, hotel, airport, or wherever, and you play your entitled victim act, the rest of the folks there are laughing at you, not with you. Again, probably falling on deaf ears. 

3 minutes ago, Goody_Ouchless said:

I think you miss my point, but that, as well. is probably typical. Just know that when you go to a store, bank, restaurant, hotel, airport, or wherever, and you play your entitled victim act, the rest of the folks there are laughing at you, not with you. Again, probably falling on deaf ears. 

Trying to earn your cookies I see. LOL- I am actually laughing very hard towards you. 

I see you agree with convicting someone rather than helping... I see you  throw  rocks when you too live in a glass house. Maybe you should go back and read this threads again? 

Telling someone to "give up and run" is not a good advice. Digusting  that a forum such like this is created to beat a person down. 

5 minutes ago, Nana2709 said:

If anyone was to listen to you- they would have a lien against them, judgment against them.

The part you're forgetting is that based on the questions you kept asking, you were headed for judgment, liens and garnishment anyway. If you would have expressed any interest whatsoever in trying to work with Discover, i would have absolutely advised you to contact them to negotiate a settlement. Full disclosure, i would have never expected them to give the deal you got, but then again, we've never had anyone provide them with two death certificates as part of the settlement negotiations. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

The part you're forgetting is that based on the questions you kept asking, you were headed for judgment, liens and garnishment anyway. If you would have expressed any interest whatsoever in trying to work with Discover, i would have absolutely advised you to contact them to negotiate a settlement. Full disclosure, i would have never expected them to give the deal you got, but then again, we've never had anyone provide them with two death certificates as part of the settlement negotiations. 

And I was discouraged by clycdemom to do that as well. Go read her comment to me. Disclaimer: I did provide 2 death certificates (1 ho-spic) letter so maybe just maybe that  helped. The attorneys office was respectful-kind and caring. I am happy this is over- but wanted my point of view to be heard. 

1 minute ago, Nana2709 said:

And I was discouraged by clycdemom to do that as well.

I'm not clydesmom. You're criticizing me for something someone else did. 

Incidentally, i don't care who pays their debts and who doesn't. What i react to is the hypocrisy, specifically in your case, playing every victim card in the deck while you victimized someone else. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

I'm not clydesmom. You're criticizing me for something someone else did. 

Incidentally, i don't care who pays their debts and who doesn't. What i react to is the hypocrisy, specifically in your case, playing every victim card in the deck while you victimized someone else. 

no both of you are bullies. Give ill advice and shouldn't' be a part of this forum. You judge to quickly and are keyboard warriors. Relax buddy you are not taking any trophies home. 

28 minutes ago, Nana2709 said:

no both of you are bullies.

Someone that has no qualms about forcing a creditor to spend three times the amount of a debt to try to collect that debt clearly has no idea what a bully is.

Again, i don't care what people do around here. My advice alone has cost debt collectors and debt buyers tens of thousands of dollars. I've also done my own fair share of stiffing creditors to the tune of nearly $100,000 over the years.  I used to try to blame them because they charge high interest or blame the economy for eliminating my over-paid job or whatever, but at the end of the day, my predicament was my own fault, just as yours is. No one forced me to open credit accounts and run up the balances with no backup plan. 

32 minutes ago, Nana2709 said:

You judge to quickly

You gave me everything i needed, and so far haven't proven me wrong. In fact, every post of yours continues to reinforce my initial judgment. 

2 hours ago, Harry Seaward said:

Someone that has no qualms about forcing a creditor to spend three times the amount of a debt to try to collect that debt clearly has no idea what a bully is.

Again, i don't care what people do around here. My advice alone has cost debt collectors and debt buyers tens of thousands of dollars. I've also done my own fair share of stiffing creditors to the tune of nearly $100,000 over the years.  I used to try to blame them because they charge high interest or blame the economy for eliminating my over-paid job or whatever, but at the end of the day, my predicament was my own fault, just as yours is. No one forced me to open credit accounts and run up the balances with no backup plan. 

You gave me everything i needed, and so far haven't proven me wrong. In fact, every post of yours continues to reinforce my initial judgment.

Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic in regards to the 'bully' comment? Discover is a billion dollar corporation.  The OP is struggling with family tragedies and the resultant financial issues.  An imbalance if power if there ever was one.  OP would merely be exercising their legal rights...based on a contract drafted by said billion dollar corp...by running up their costs in arb.

I respect that you try to maintain order on this board and help people along the way, but these sorts of comments are uncalled for.  Please don't turn into another Clydesmom.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Harry Seaward said:

Again those who live in glass houses should never throw rock at others

You gave me advice, or feedback that was devastating. Your sir have other motives here SHAME on you if so 

1 hour ago, pulpfiction0 said:

Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic in regards to the 'bully' comment? Discover is a billion dollar corporation.  The OP is struggling with family tragedies and the resultant financial issues.  An imbalance if power if there ever was one.  OP would merely be exercising their legal rights...based on a contract drafted by said billion dollar corp...by running up their costs in arb.

I respect that you try to maintain order on this board and help people along the way, but these sorts of comments are uncalled for.  Please don't turn into another Clydesmom.  

also he only post  to my threads when I was asking about arbitration and how to go about fighting it he never once responded when I asked if I should settle or anything of that sort.he only came out when I indicating him on this thread that he was giving me wrong advice without even mentioning his name. he knew I was talking about him so he calls himself out and then continues to tell me how he is not a bully and he is doing an amazing job giving everyone horrible advice.it is scary if I would have listened to this individual I would have had a judgement against me shame on him her or it

10 hours ago, BV80 said:

A registered letter to Discover?

A certified letter stating I elect arbination to both parties attorney and discover

54 minutes ago, Nana2709 said:

A certified letter stating I elect arbination to both parties attorney and discover

That’s why Discover agreed to arbitration because that was the proper procedure.  It had nothing to do with your request to the CFPB. 

3 hours ago, pulpfiction0 said:

Please don't turn into another Clydesmom.  

Leave me out of your nonsense.  It isn't necessary.  

7 hours ago, Nana2709 said:

And I was discouraged by clycdemom to do that as well. Go read her comment to me.

I absolutely did NOT tell you not to settle.  What I said was this:  "The entire point of invoking arb with Discover is to get a better settlement."  You also stated you had hired  a BK attorney.  Common sense for most people (not you and your new accomplice) means if you have that much debt and are facing suits and arbitration to the point of HIRING a BK attorney you seriously consider it.  If you decided not to file that is your choice but it doesn't mean I told you never to settle.

Unfortunately you chose to start at least 6 threads on this issue seeking to be told what you wanted to hear and not reality. Now you are cherry picking out comments to bolster what you believe.  You have found a fellow deadbeat to sympathize with you and tell you everything you want to hear.  Congratulations.  You deserve each other.

1 hour ago, Clydesmom said:

Leave me out of your nonsense.  It isn't necessary.  

I absolutely did NOT tell you not to settle.  What I said was this:  "The entire point of invoking arb with Discover is to get a better settlement."  You also stated you had hired  a BK attorney.  Common sense for most people (not you and your new accomplice) means if you have that much debt and are facing suits and arbitration to the point of HIRING a BK attorney you seriously consider it.  If you decided not to file that is your choice but it doesn't mean I told you never to settle.

Unfortunately you chose to start at least 6 threads on this issue seeking to be told what you wanted to hear and not reality. Now you are cherry picking out comments to bolster what you believe.  You have found a fellow deadbeat to sympathize with you and tell you everything you want to hear.  Congratulations.  You deserve each other.

And the bullying award goes to clydemom. The one person who will lie, and try to scare you. This keyboard warrior will try tell you to sell your wife and kids to pay back discover. Congrats on your poor advise and trying to scare someone. Remember you telling me that my reasons would not get me a good deal. What say you now keyboard warrior?

9 hours ago, Nana2709 said:

This keyboard warrior will try tell you to sell your wife and kids to pay back discover.

I NEVER said that and you KNOW it.

Remember you telling me that my reasons would not get me a good deal. What say you now keyboard warrior?

You are the FIRST one I have heard of that got a hardship deal from Discover.  Some creditors/JDBs will do one but I have not seen them do it until now.  However, I have never stiffed them so I don't have personal experience in that area.  Never said I did.  I think the same thing I thought before that motivated me to stop responding until now:  you are childish, spoiled, and completely ungrateful for the break you received from the debts your purposefully ran up and defaulted on.  You will be back on some credit forum within the next few years for all the same reasons because you have learned nothing from all of this.  Sadly, all new people will make the mistake of believing they can actually help you like we did.

And the bullying award goes to clydemom. The one person who will lie, and try to scare you.

And the spoiled brat award goes to @Nana2709.  I never lied to you I laid out the facts as our experience with Discover has shown us.  You didn't want that.  Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right or that anyone else treated you poorly.  Get over yourself you just aren't that special.

2 hours ago, Clydesmom said:

I NEVER said that and you KNOW it.

You are the FIRST one I have heard of that got a hardship deal from Discover.  Some creditors/JDBs will do one but I have not seen them do it until now.  However, I have never stiffed them so I don't have personal experience in that area.  Never said I did.  I think the same thing I thought before that motivated me to stop responding until now:  you are childish, spoiled, and completely ungrateful for the break you received from the debts your purposefully ran up and defaulted on.  You will be back on some credit forum within the next few years for all the same reasons because you have learned nothing from all of this.  Sadly, all new people will make the mistake of believing they can actually help you like we did.

And the spoiled brat award goes to @Nana2709.  I never lied to you I laid out the facts as our experience with Discover has shown us.  You didn't want that.  Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right or that anyone else treated you poorly.  Get over yourself you just aren't that special.

And the award for dental goes to you got it ladies and gentlemen the one and only the one who create panic the one who tries to scare who is it ... Drum roll... clydemom come on down get your bully award

17 hours ago, pulpfiction0 said:

An imbalance if power if there ever was one.

Where is the imbalance of power? She couldn't name one thing that Discover did that even remotely hinted at illegal, or even unethical. 

17 hours ago, pulpfiction0 said:

OP would merely be exercising their legal rights...based on a contract drafted by said billion dollar corp...by running up their costs in arb.

From day one she made it clear that her intent was to act in bad faith. Even your description does little to sugarcoat that. She has no right to do this. Both AAA and JAMS have provisions in their rules that allow arbitrators to reallocate the businesses arb fees back to the consumer where he finds the consumer acted in bad faith. I'm not sure why it hasn't happened yet (maybe it has and we don't know about it), but as long as consumers continue to abuse their right to arbitration, it's just a matter of time before one of these arb-happy OCs successfully make a bad faith claim against a consumer. 

17 hours ago, Nana2709 said:

Again those who live in glass houses should never throw rock at others

You should follow your own advice, madam. I only responded to this thread to defend myself after you tried to accuse me of giving you bad advice. 

17 hours ago, Nana2709 said:

You gave me advice, or feedback that was devastating.

It wasn't devastating for at least two reasons. First, the track you were on would have had the same outcome for you regardless if you followed my advice or not. Second, even if my advice was potentially devastating, you didn't follow it meaning it therefore had no effect.

16 hours ago, Nana2709 said:

he only came out when I indicating him on this thread that he was giving me wrong advice

Ah, see? You threw the first stone. 

he never once responded when I asked if I should settle

You started a slew of different threads, even after being asked not to. You cannot blame me for not reading every post of every one of your numerous threads. But anyway, no one ever told you not to try to settle.

f I would have listened to this individual I would have had a judgement against me

Again.... you would have had a judgment against you anyway if you had kept trying to fight Discover in  arbitration, which is the discussion i was having with you.