credit2011

Judgement Bank Levy Midland

2 hours ago, credit2011 said:

I was very sincere and nice with the three times I called.

2 hours ago, credit2011 said:

Mean while they makes tons of $$ but also sit on uncollected debt that they resell and also buy for pennies on the dollar. 

Is it possible that the second sentiment affected the first?

I suspect that if someone called them, hat-in-hand, apologized for the difficulty that they have caused Midland in collecting their money, and humbly asked for forgiveness in the form of some sort of payment plan, they might find success.

On the other hand, calling with an attitude that implies "I'll bet your parents are proud that you destroy people for a living. So here's what I need from you in terms of a payment plan..." may end up with a different result.

I did receive the notice of levy in the mail today- but it is unsigned the box is check registered process server but no signatures of any kind.. An exemption claim for was included.

If the creditor does not want to take a payment arrangement and they have levied lets say 2K , should you just keep depositing funds into that account and then it goes to the creditor til its paid off? So lets say you keep putting 400 or so once a month. Can you do this without contacted the creditor?

Sure. They'll be happy as long as they're getting money from you. Unless you have wages to garnish, they don't really have much of a choice but to keep taking money from your account. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

Sure. They'll be happy as long as they're getting money from you. Unless you have wages to garnish, they don't really have much of a choice but to keep taking money from your account. 

Should I verify with the bank as I did receive a notice of levy from the bank about the full amount. Chances to negotiate down with them (the creditor) . I see people have said they dont budge on judgements but has anyone here had success of such?

26 minutes ago, credit2011 said:

I see people have said they dont budge on judgements but has anyone here had success of such?

Didn't you say you talked to several people there and they all said no?

They're not going to give you a discount and monthly payments, but if you walk in with a wad of cash for a lump sum payoff, you'll definitely get their attention. 

1 hour ago, credit2011 said:

If the creditor does not want to take a payment arrangement and they have levied lets say 2K , should you just keep depositing funds into that account and then it goes to the creditor til its paid off? So lets say you keep putting 400 or so once a month. Can you do this without contacted the creditor?

Keep in mind that most if not all banks charge $100-200 EVERY time they have to address the levy.  Typically a levy is for all the non-exempt funds in an account at the time the levy hits.  Not for all funds that go in until satisfied.  Most people would stop putting money in there knowing it would continue to be seized.

If you could do this it would be great but I suspect that what will really happen is they have to keep going back to court to get get another order to levy adding more court costs to the amount owed.  Then there are your bank fees every time they hit the bank with the levy.  You could potentially add thousands more to this judgment in fees alone.