wilspeak

What is better than a credit repair service

Hello, I have been paying a monthly fee of over a $100  for a Credit Repair service since 4/2019. I have only received very little results from this service.  I have been told that it takes months to get negative items disputed and taken off my credit. Out of the 3  negative items on my credit , only Zero items have been taken off. What should my next move be?  Does anyone know a better service or a better why to get negative items removed?  or can I do it myself?  Thank You

17 hours ago, wilspeak said:

What should my next move be?

STOP paying them.  Credit repair companies are a waste of time and more importantly money.  It is illegal for them to be charging you ANY money prior to attaining any results.

Does anyone know a better service or a better why to get negative items removed?

There is no good credit repair service.  

Whether you can get a negative removed depends on what it is and how old it is. If the SOL to sue is still alive all you are doing is poking the creditor bear into suing you.

or can I do it myself?

You can and SHOULD do it yourself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clydesmom said:

STOP paying them.  Credit repair companies are a waste of time and more importantly money.  It is illegal for them to be charging you ANY money prior to attaining any results.

There is no good credit repair service.  

Whether you can get a negative removed depends on what it is and how old it is. If the SOL to sue is still alive all you are doing is poking the creditor bear into suing you.

You can and SHOULD do it yourself.

Hello, Clydesmom Thank You for the advice. 

On 12/15/2019 at 10:15 PM, wilspeak said:

, I have been paying a monthly fee of over a $100 

Do you have a written contract with them? What does it say the $100/mo is for? If they are providing no other services (e.g. credit monitoring, etc), they are violating the CROA, and you can sue them directly under the CROA.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:15 AM, Harry Seaward said:

Do you have a written contract with them? What does it say the $100/mo is for? If they are providing no other services (e.g. credit monitoring, etc), they are violating the CROA, and you can sue them directly under the CROA.

Thank You, I will review my contrat with Ovation Credit Repair Service.