wilspeak

Request Advice on how to repair ones own credit

Hello, I Request Advice on how to repair ones own credit. I heard that I have to send in disputes to the credit reporting agencies that have negative issues on my credit report. What if the credit  reporting agencies dont remove the negative issues on my credit, what should I do then?  Thank You

36 minutes ago, wilspeak said:

I Request Advice on how to repair ones own credit. I heard that I have to send in disputes to the credit reporting agencies that have negative issues on my credit report. What if the credit  reporting agencies dont remove the negative issues on my credit, what should I do then?

There is NO magic method to remove accurate and valid negative information from your reports.

The statute of limitations to sue for a debt in Georgia is 6 years.  Answer these questions:

When did you default on these accounts?

What kind of accounts are they?  Credit card?  Loan?  Auto/student/mortgage?  Medical?

What actions have you taken so far to deal with the accounts?

The very first thing you want to do is read and understand the FCRA. This act is what protects consumers from from false, erroneous, and outdated reporting. It will help you understand how to and what to dispute. Read the HIPPA as this will pertain to medical debt and collections. Read the FDCPA as this will pertain to collection accounts. You must have a thorough understanding of all of them if you truly want to enter into and be successful in your credit repair journey!