Sign in to follow this  
MaeghanF

Sued by PRA/SYNCHRONY- TEXAS- update dismissed with prejudice

Probably jumping ahead but what are the steps to have this collection removed from my credit report with the dismissal with prejudice?

Thanks,

3 hours ago, Harry Seaward said:

First thing is to dispute it with all 3 credit bureaus. It should get removed pretty quick. 

Do I need to send the court dismissal with that or will they follow up with PRA?

They are required to contact PRA. If it comes back verified, you've got a little bit of a payday coming your way. 

I'd give it a couple weeks following dismissal before disputing with the CRAs just to eliminate any sort of "bona fide error" defense. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 5:22 PM, Harry Seaward said:

They are required to contact PRA. If it comes back verified, you've got a little bit of a payday coming your way. 

I'd give it a couple weeks following dismissal before disputing with the CRAs just to eliminate any sort of "bona fide error" defense. 

I generally wait 30 days from the date the judge signs my dismissal with prejudice.  I then send a simple dispute saying "I am not liable for this account" to all 3 CRAs.  That has always done the trick.  Like Harry said, if they actually verify the account, then they are breaking the agreement and it would be time to take it to an attorney for a little FDCPA and FCRA lawsuit against PRA.

Wanted to give another update. Finally got the motion for nonsuit filed with the courts and this collection has fallen off my credit karma accounts (i'll do a hard check after 30 days to give time). Arbitration route for the win!

• Like 1