CuriousGeorgeNo.1

How to Hold the Original Creditor Accountable

Recommended Posts

Various violations of 15 USC allow to hold debt collectors and credit bureaus accountable. How do we hold an original creditor who sold/transferred a bogus debt accountable? What provisions and their violations are the strong causes of action in a federal lawsuit against the unscrupulous fraudulent "original creditor" who made up a random amount and sold it as a person's debt? What provisions, if properly pleaded, would allow to recover from the original creditor? What Louisiana law statutes may be added to the mixture as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CuriousGeorgeNo.1 said:
 

Various violations of 15 USC allow to hold debt collectors and credit bureaus accountable. How do we hold an original creditor who sold/transferred a bogus debt accountable? What provisions and their violations are the strong causes of action in a federal lawsuit against the unscrupulous fraudulent "original creditor" who made up a random amount and sold it as a person's debt? What provisions, if properly pleaded, would allow to recover from the original creditor? What Louisiana law statutes may be added to the mixture as well?

We need more details.  Is this a credit card debt?  You did not have an account with the OC?  There was no charge-off?  Please be more specific.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is NO debt. The business whose services we used for years in retaliation for attempt to hold it accountable for bad business practices, simply fraudulently made up a substantial debt, sold it or transferred, and the buyer started reporting it to credit bureaus. All attempts to dispute/remove based on the fact that it is phony and unverifiable were unsuccessful. It is clear how to deal with the debt buyer and credit bureaus. The ONLY question is WHAT FEDERAL AND STATE LAW PROVISIONS could be used to properly reference fraud/violations of the ORIGINAL CREDITOR as it should be held responsible more than anyone else. So the question is strictly about statutes/laws (Federal primarily and the laws of Louisiana) that deal with such fraud that could be pleaded as causes of action or cited as violations. Any reference to federal relevant case law will be also greatly appreciated.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CuriousGeorgeNo.1 said:

The business whose services we used for years in retaliation for attempt to hold it accountable for bad business practices, simply fraudulently made up a substantial debt

Huh?  You used the services of Business A to hold Business B accountable, but Business A made up a debt?  Based on what?  And what were you trying to hold Business B accountable for?

8 hours ago, CuriousGeorgeNo.1 said:

The ONLY question is WHAT FEDERAL AND STATE LAW PROVISIONS could be used to properly reference fraud/violations of the ORIGINAL CREDITOR as it should be held responsible more than anyone else.

The CFPB is the Federal governing body of banking institutions.  The Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions is your local governing body.  That's where you should be filing your complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 2:56 PM, CuriousGeorgeNo.1 said:

There is NO debt. The business whose services we used for years in retaliation for attempt to hold it accountable for bad business practices, simply fraudulently made up a substantial debt, sold it or transferred, and the buyer started reporting it to credit bureaus.

Let me see if I’m understanding you correctly.

You attempted to hold ”ABC Business” accountable for its own business practices.  In retaliation, “ABC Business” made up a fake debt.  It claimed you owed money that you did not owe.  “ABC Business” then sold the fake debt to another business.

Is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BV80 said:

Let me see if I’m understanding you correctly.

You attempted to hold ”ABC Business” accountable for its own business practices.  In retaliation, “ABC Business” made up a fake debt.  It claimed you owed money that you did not owe.  “ABC Business” then sold the fake debt to another business.

Is that correct?

You've got to be kidding me, I've heard it all now.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.