Sign in to follow this  
WAState Defendant

Question about Certificate of Mailing

I am ready to mail my responses to a Request for Admissions but when I look for templates online (for Washington State), it has language that I am not the Petitioner or Respondant (others say parties to the lawsuit).

So my question is: Am I not allowed to mail my responses back to the Plaintiff's lawyers?

Thanks.

(copy and paste of form found on Washington State's court website below)

COURT OF WASHINGTON
FOR
Petitioner vs. DOB
Respondent DOB
NO.
PROOF OF MAILING
(AFML)
I certify under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of Washington that I am 18 years of age or older and I am not the Petitioner or the Respondent, and that on (date) I deposited two copies of the following documents:

Petition for Order for Protection Temporary Order for Protection and Notice of Hearing Order Transferring Domestic Violence Case and Setting Hearing Order for Protection Reissuance of Temporary Order for Protection Order Realigning Parties and Notice of Hearing Notice of Hearing Motion to Modify/Terminate Order for Protection Order Modifying/Terminating Order for Protection Other:
in the U.S. mail, postage prepaid, one first class and one certified (return receipt requested), addressed to the Respondent Petitioner at the last known mailing address of:
Signed on at , Washington.
(Date) (Place)
Signature Address
Print Name
SERVER: 1) Complete and return this form to this court:
and 2) deliver a copy to the law enforcement agency where petitioner lives.

14 hours ago, WAState Defendant said:

I am ready to mail my responses to a Request for Admissions but when I look for templates online (for Washington State), it has language that I am not the Petitioner or Respondant (others say parties to the lawsuit).

So my question is: Am I not allowed to mail my responses back to the Plaintiff's lawyers?

Thanks.

(copy and paste of form found on Washington State's court website below)

COURT OF WASHINGTON
FOR
Petitioner vs. DOB
Respondent DOB
NO.
PROOF OF MAILING
(AFML)
I certify under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of Washington that I am 18 years of age or older and I am not the Petitioner or the Respondent, and that on (date) I deposited two copies of the following documents:

Petition for Order for Protection Temporary Order for Protection and Notice of Hearing Order Transferring Domestic Violence Case and Setting Hearing Order for Protection Reissuance of Temporary Order for Protection Order Realigning Parties and Notice of Hearing Notice of Hearing Motion to Modify/Terminate Order for Protection Order Modifying/Terminating Order for Protection Other:
in the U.S. mail, postage prepaid, one first class and one certified (return receipt requested), addressed to the Respondent Petitioner at the last known mailing address of:
Signed on at , Washington.
(Date) (Place)
Signature Address
Print Name
SERVER: 1) Complete and return this form to this court:
and 2) deliver a copy to the law enforcement agency where petitioner lives.

What this means:

If you are being sued, you are the respondent.  The document says somebody else must sign and mail the forms.  

For example: I used to work for a company that had a mail bin for outgoing mail, which the postal worker would pick up every day.  I would have the lady at the front desk sign the form, and drop the stuff into the mail bin.