timbuck2

Being sued by Second Round Sub, LLC in Texas

I received a few letters from attorneys looking to represent me against a Petition/Lawsuit for a CC dept owed to Comenity Capital Bank by Second Round Sub, LLC.  These letter were sent to a private mail box (UPS store) and not my home address. I haven't received anything from the Court, nor have I been served.  I have looked up the case filed on 2/18/20 and I am being sued, but it states that as of  3/9/20 that I remain unserved. 

My question is: do I wait until after I am served and/or receive notice from the court informing me (I'm assuming this would be sent certified mail) to file an answer/MTC with the court?

Many thanks in advance for any help with that question.  I'm sure that I will have a few more in the upcoming weeks.

18 hours ago, timbuck2 said:

I received a few letters from attorneys looking to represent me against a Petition/Lawsuit for a CC dept owed to Comenity Capital Bank by Second Round Sub, LLC.  These letter were sent to a private mail box (UPS store) and not my home address. I haven't received anything from the Court, nor have I been served.  I have looked up the case filed on 2/18/20 and I am being sued, but it states that as of  3/9/20 that I remain unserved. 

My question is: do I wait until after I am served and/or receive notice from the court informing me (I'm assuming this would be sent certified mail) to file an answer/MTC with the court?

Many thanks in advance for any help with that question.  I'm sure that I will have a few more in the upcoming weeks.

Unless there is something you haven’t told us, the standard procedure is to file your response after being served.  

44 minutes ago, BackFromTheDebt said:

Unless there is something you haven’t told us, the standard procedure is to file your response after being served.  

That is what I was wondering.  The only thing I have do so far was send  Second Round Sub a certified letter that I intend to take this to arbitration. I have started my Answer Response to the court and my MTC.

Not sure what happened to other responses I had from other posters throughout the day, but there was a question if a collection agency act on behalf of Comenity Bank? I'm guessing that is what is happening here.  Anyway, this is all the information I pulled off the District Court's website. Maybe someone can tell from the attachment. 

Thanks a million!

IMG_3623.jpg

On 3/10/2020 at 5:30 PM, BackFromTheDebt said:

That is what I was wondering.  The only thing I have do so far was send  Second Round Sub a certified letter that I intend to take this to arbitration. I have started my Answer Response to the court and my MTC.

Not sure what happened to other responses I had from other posters throughout the day, but there was a question if a collection agency act on behalf of Comenity Bank? I'm guessing that is what is happening here.  Anyway, this is all the information I pulled off the District Court's website. Maybe someone can tell from the attachment. 

Thanks a million!

Here is an update: I still haven't been served or received anything from the court, but I noticed the Events & Orders of the Court have changed. Does anyone have an idea what this might mean? I'm guessing they are asking for a court date because the address they have is one I don't live at,i t's just a UPS Store mailbox. 

IMG_3631.jpg

If your address is a UPS mailbox, you need to be careful of alternate service methods.  Those vary from state to state, but most include having the summons mailed to you. Check your case regularly for this event.  

Update: Never was served and it looks as if the attorney withdrew their case, for now. I did sendthe attorney a certified letter stating my intention to take the case to arbitration about 2 weeks ago.  I don't live in the county they tried suing me in, so they will probably file suit in the county I do live in. 

Anyway, we'll see. 

Hope everyone out there is doing okay.

1306602581_httpodyssey_mctx.orgUnsecuredCaseDetail.aspxCaseID2365029.thumb.png.e45402e0ff53966bb5c7233e024eb46c.png