Sign in to follow this  
texasrocker

U.S. Orders Up To A Yearlong Break On Mortgage Payments

Homeowners can't just stop paying their mortgage. "They need to contact their servicer — that is the lender that they send the check to every month," he says. "That lender will work with them to be able to work out a payment plan.

Where have I heard that, before? Oh yea - 2008.

The thing is, for someone like me who has not lost their job, there should be no reason why I should not continue to pay on my mortgage.

16 hours ago, Harry Seaward said:

... for homeowners who have lost income or their jobs because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Well excu-u-u-u-u-u-se me for copy/pasting the title of the article instead of spelling out what should be an obvious conclusion to anyone who has not been living under a rock the last few weeks. 

1 hour ago, texasrocker said:

Well excu-u-u-u-u-u-se me for copy/pasting the title of the article

You're excused if you feel you need it, but it's not necessary. You didn't do anything wrong, as evidenced by my lack of criticism toward you. 

On 3/24/2020 at 10:28 AM, Goody_Ouchless said:

Ha - glad to see you haven't changed!

I seriously doubt that you have changed much either since your snidely mentor hasn't...  If I perk up my ears I can almost hear him snickering all the way from Texas.

7 hours ago, texasrocker said:

I seriously doubt that you have changed much either since your snidely mentor hasn't...  If I perk up my ears I can almost hear him snickering all the way from Texas.

Can I ask you a serious question?  None of this was a personal attack toward you.  You posted a link to an article, presumably for the purposes of discussion.  When people tried to discuss it, you assume the comments made were somehow directed toward you personally.  Why (how, really) do you do that?