Sign in to follow this  
Ddjcplus4

help??? Hunt & Henriques notice of intent to file suit and incur cost

Hello everyone and thank you for any response to My questions!! I have sent the DV letter and now received a Notice of intent to file suit and incur costs. It’s been about 17 days since the date on the letter. My question is what should I do next? Ask for arbitration? Wait for the suit? The debt is about $5000 and my last payment to cap one was about a year ago. I see a lot of other post with experience on this issue and I’m also trying to track down the cap one card agreement.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Depends on your state.  

In most states, the cheapest option at this point is to negotiate a settlement.   You can often negotiate a better settlement before they actually sue.  

Ignore that if you are in California 

As a matter of fact @BackFromTheDebt I am located in California. So at this point are there options for me to pursue? I want to  take care of this just not sure how to proceed. I’ve read so many things and hear bad things about H&H. Is this true or can i get a reasonable response from them. Thank you much!

3 hours ago, Ddjcplus4 said:

As a matter of fact @BackFromTheDebt I am located in California. So at this point are there options for me to pursue? I want to  take care of this just not sure how to proceed. I’ve read so many things and hear bad things about H&H. Is this true or can i get a reasonable response from them. Thank you much!

Well, cases are a lot easier for the debtor to win in California.   

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of how to pursue a case in Cali.  

Look up some of the California threads.  

Thanks so much @BackFromTheDebt. When you say easier? How is that? I’ve been reading other post a lot. I see several different outcomes. I live about an 1-1/2 from the court they use. Should I wait until they send or serve paperwork? I would have already called HH but I’ve seen negative things surrounding their processes. I just want to pay my debt with no funny stuff. How do I find threads from Cali? I really appreciate every bit of help! Thanks Again!

10 minutes ago, Ddjcplus4 said:

Thanks so much @BackFromTheDebt. When you say easier? How is that? I’ve been reading other post a lot. I see several different outcomes. I live about an 1-1/2 from the court they use. Should I wait until they send or serve paperwork? I would have already called HH but I’ve seen negative things surrounding their processes. I just want to pay my debt with no funny stuff. How do I find threads from Cali? I really appreciate every bit of help! Thanks Again!

If you are in limited civil court, search threads for CCP 96 and CCP 98.  Those rules are discussed in the following ruling.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=13033318686227947034&q=“Rodgers”+AND+“debt”&hl=en&as_sdt=4,5

@BV80 thanks so much for your response. I’m reading now! Please excuse my limited knowledge on this type of thing. You spoke of”limited civil court.” Could you t explain to me the difference? Also CCp96 & 98. Does this apply to my situation? Thanks in advance!! 

4 minutes ago, Ddjcplus4 said:

@BV80 thanks so much for your response. I’m reading now! Please excuse my limited knowledge on this type of thing. You spoke of”limited civil court.” Could you t explain to me the difference? Also CCp96 & 98. Does this apply to my situation? Thanks in advance!! 

I’m not from CA, but the information is in threads on the boards.  Also, check out the CA court website.

https://www.courts.ca.gov/1064.htm?rdeLocaleAttr=en

https://www.courts.ca.gov/1061.htm

Will do @BV80. Thanks! I’m a sponge for this stuff! Just want to soak it in correctly. I will read everything and try to locate Cali threads. Just wondering?!? Would covid19 slow this process? How would this affect being served or filing things?