Ddjcplus4

help??? Hunt & Henriques notice of intent to file suit and incur cost

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone and thank you for any response to My questions!! I have sent the DV letter and now received a Notice of intent to file suit and incur costs. It’s been about 17 days since the date on the letter. My question is what should I do next? Ask for arbitration? Wait for the suit? The debt is about $5000 and my last payment to cap one was about a year ago. I see a lot of other post with experience on this issue and I’m also trying to track down the cap one card agreement.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ddjcplus4 said:

As a matter of fact @BackFromTheDebt I am located in California. So at this point are there options for me to pursue? I want to  take care of this just not sure how to proceed. I’ve read so many things and hear bad things about H&H. Is this true or can i get a reasonable response from them. Thank you much!

 

Well, cases are a lot easier for the debtor to win in California.   
 

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of how to pursue a case in Cali.  
 

Look up some of the California threads.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much @BackFromTheDebt. When you say easier? How is that? I’ve been reading other post a lot. I see several different outcomes. I live about an 1-1/2 from the court they use. Should I wait until they send or serve paperwork? I would have already called HH but I’ve seen negative things surrounding their processes. I just want to pay my debt with no funny stuff. How do I find threads from Cali? I really appreciate every bit of help! Thanks Again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ddjcplus4 said:

Thanks so much @BackFromTheDebt. When you say easier? How is that? I’ve been reading other post a lot. I see several different outcomes. I live about an 1-1/2 from the court they use. Should I wait until they send or serve paperwork? I would have already called HH but I’ve seen negative things surrounding their processes. I just want to pay my debt with no funny stuff. How do I find threads from Cali? I really appreciate every bit of help! Thanks Again!

If you are in limited civil court, search threads for CCP 96 and CCP 98.  Those rules are discussed in the following ruling.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=13033318686227947034&q=“Rodgers”+AND+“debt”&hl=en&as_sdt=4,5

Link to post
Share on other sites

@BV80 thanks so much for your response. I’m reading now! Please excuse my limited knowledge on this type of thing. You spoke of”limited civil court.” Could you t explain to me the difference? Also CCp96 & 98. Does this apply to my situation? Thanks in advance!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ddjcplus4 said:

@BV80 thanks so much for your response. I’m reading now! Please excuse my limited knowledge on this type of thing. You spoke of”limited civil court.” Could you t explain to me the difference? Also CCp96 & 98. Does this apply to my situation? Thanks in advance!! 

I’m not from CA, but the information is in threads on the boards.  Also, check out the CA court website.

https://www.courts.ca.gov/1064.htm?rdeLocaleAttr=en

https://www.courts.ca.gov/1061.htm

Link to post
Share on other sites

@BV80 @BackFromTheDebt hi! Y’all I’m sorry to bother you during this holiday season. Well since time has passed I’ve just found that I have a summons and am being sued by cap 1 and hunt Henriques. I know I need to respond but am very unsure what’s the best approach? I’m under the impression there’s no arbitration with cap 1 and I’m confused how to go about this without this option. Ive heard they are unreasonable when someone tries to set up a payment plan so I’ve been saving $ and buying time with DV letter and covid has slowed things also. Just asking for advise if there is any. Thanks in advance 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2020 at 9:05 PM, Ddjcplus4 said:

@BV80 @BackFromTheDebt hi! Y’all I’m sorry to bother you during this holiday season. Well since time has passed I’ve just found that I have a summons and am being sued by cap 1 and hunt Henriques. I know I need to respond but am very unsure what’s the best approach? I’m under the impression there’s no arbitration with cap 1 and I’m confused how to go about this without this option. Ive heard they are unreasonable when someone tries to set up a payment plan so I’ve been saving $ and buying time with DV letter and covid has slowed things also. Just asking for advise if there is any. Thanks in advance 

Hey ! Did they properly served you? Also is there a court date? Have you tried contacting them? ... I’m in the same boat but I only received the initial letter stating I have a debt etc .. and I’m planning to wait to get the summons and meet them in court to negotiate (I also hear they are horrible trying to settle or make payment plans.) please let us know any updates. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ddjcplus4 said:

@Jennieif you have just received, you should file a debt validation letter to get more time and they will send statements. Has it been 30 days since you received it?

No not yet . Should I send it via certified mail? ... I’m just nervous because they seem shady. I’m willing to go to court and settle with them. But it seems they purposely send court notices and judgments behind your back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jennie said:

No not yet . Should I send it via certified mail? ... I’m just nervous because they seem shady. I’m willing to go to court and settle with them. But it seems they purposely send court notices and judgments behind your back. 

Did the letter contain the 30-day notice?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Yes it did . But now I’m confused .. can issue a debt DV to them ? 

If you haven’t been sued yet, and you’re still within the 30 days, you can send a validation request to that law firm, if you choose.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! Gosh just thinking about it makes me sick but it what it is! I hear they are the worst to negotiate with . 

15 minutes ago, BV80 said:

If you haven’t been sued yet, and you’re still within the 30 days, you can send a validation request to that law firm, if you choose.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Thank you! Gosh just thinking about it makes me sick but it what it is! I hear they are the worst to negotiate with . 

 

Don’t believe everything you read.  People with positive outcomes don’t always report those outcomes, so all you get to read are the complaints.  Also, some people who don’t want to pay anything will complain no matter what happened simply because they didn’t want to pay. 

Perhaps H&H is difficult to deal with, but they also may not be as bad as some believe them to be.  All you can do is go by your own experience. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BV80 said:

Don’t believe everything you read.  People with positive outcomes don’t always report those outcomes, so all you get to read are the complaints.  Also, some people who don’t want to pay anything will complain no matter what happened simply because they didn’t want to pay. 

Perhaps H&H is difficult to deal with, but they also may not be as bad as some believe them to be.  All you can do is go by your own experience. 

Thank you ! I hope after I send them the DV letter I can novitiate something within my budget because I want to pay it off is just so hard right now :( 

thank you once again! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.