Sign in to follow this  
Cmf10

SSN linked to or being used by another person

I’ve been trying to apply for loans/credit and I’m either getting denied or only offered very high interest rates. I also recently tried setting up my utilities with the local company and they said I owed a $200 deposit so I had my wife put it in her name and she didn’t have to pay a deposit. The person working at the utility company told me that when she ran my SSN and that it was linked to another person. I’m thinking that is the reason I’m having problems every time my credit is ran since my credit score is 799. I’ve applied for loans/credit in the past and didn’t have problems until the past year and a half or so. If anyone has any ideas of what to do to fix this issue that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Cmf10 said:

If anyone has any ideas of what to do to fix this issue that would be greatly appreciated.

First you need to get copies of all your paper reports and see what is reporting.  Either your file has been mixed with someone else or there is identity theft going on.  What you do next depends on which issue it is.

I’ve reviewed my credit reports and it only has my information. All I can think of is that when my credit is ran that someone it’s attaching to that other individual