Sign in to follow this  
CCmommy

My loan on husband’s credit report

I took out a loan from our credit union. It was one of those ones where you sign the check and can use it for whatever. The check only had my name and I cashed it. I used it to consolidate some credit card debt that was just in my name. I was delinquent and it is showing on my husband’s credit report. It was sold to Allied Collections. I live in California, which I know is a community property state but none of my other debts are showing on his report, just this one. Is there a way to have it removed from his. We intend to try to settle the debt.

He would have to dispute it with the CRAs as "not my account".  The problem is that "community property" also means presumed community debt.  He would have to prove it's not his debt if the CRAs/Debt Collectors don't buy the "not mine" claim.

14 hours ago, CCmommy said:

I took out a loan from our credit union. It was one of those ones where you sign the check and can use it for whatever.

Was the check from a line of credit on a joint account? If his name was on the account that had access to those checks that could be why it is on his report.  Either party can sign the check for the loan but both become responsible because it is a joint account.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:38 AM, Harry Seaward said:

He would have to dispute it with the CRAs as "not my account".  The problem is that "community property" also means presumed community debt.  He would have to prove it's not his debt if the CRAs/Debt Collectors don't buy the "not mine" claim.

I understand what you are talking about, but the credit history is always unique and it can only be cleared after a certain time. It is because of this that I try not to violate the loan repayment time. In general, I used to have a very negative attitude to this, but now my opinion has changed because I found a reliable service for getting quick loans. For a long time I did not receive a salary due to the fact that the company went bankrupt and I urgently needed money. I did not want to ask my friends for money, and so I started looking for reliable companies for borrowing money. So, I came across prestamos en linea rapidos and received from them about $ 15,000 in 15 minutes. The service is very fast there and I am pleased with their services.