Sign in to follow this  
strive4credit

Come on Transunion......!

I recently sent out some dispute letters to all 3 bureaus. Just disputing some old stuff to see if it will come off. Because of my geographic area, Transunion always comes back first. Today I get two responses. One was a copy of my report. The other was some insulting letter stating that they did not understand the nature of my dispute or my request was illegible. Come on with the B.S. transunion! What is going on? I sent the letter typed with dispute reasons of either "never late" or "not mine".  

13 hours ago, strive4credit said:

I sent the letter typed with dispute reasons of either "never late" or "not mine".

That is the problem. You can't have both those reasons on the same trade line.  If the account is not yours then why would it ever be late?  What is the account?  When did it appear on the reports? Is there an OC?

Thank you for your reply.  I disputed 4 items. Two of the items (credit cards each with one 30 day late)  I disputed as never late. The other two (mortgage servicers each with progressing late payments) I disputed as not mine.  

1 hour ago, strive4credit said:

I disputed as never late.

Were you ever late?  If yes, then your only option was goodwill with the actual creditor not disputing as "never late". Now it is cemented to your report that way.  Any further disputes will be labeled as "already investigated. Frivolous."

1 hour ago, strive4credit said:

The other two (mortgage servicers each with progressing late payments) I disputed as not mine.  

Is it your mortgage?

Yes they are but they are closed now with a lot of  lates. I was just taking a chance to see if they come off. I currently have two other mortgages on my report with positive history. So if they were to come off it would not effect the mix of credit aspect of my scores.