Sign in to follow this  
pkh6965

Is this real or not?

Got this phone call this morning:

Hello this message is for (my name) . My name is Miranda Wright and I am calling from Midland County (inaudible-think she said processing). I'm calling to from the county processing unit and were' calling today regarding a fax of the verification I had come into our office from Keller and Phillips. It is sitting here with a potential judgement and that it is schedule to be filed tomorrow July 3rd, through the county clerk. A mandatory 24 hour hold was placed on the documentation per state law just to give time and opportunity for you to reach out to the filing party directly to obtain detailed information or to try and resolve matter voluntarily before further action is taken. If it is not taken care of voluntarily before the hold expires it will be filed and dispatched with a local courier to your place of employment and your home address at (my address) Again Keller and Phillips is that filing party and their number is (phone number) and provide them the reference number (number). Thank you.

So they say they are calling from Midland County where I live but the number came from San Antonio, nearly 300 miles away. Also I have received absolutely nothing, no calls or communication from this Keller and Phillips. I see some possible red flags and wanted some advice on whether you think this is legit or not. 

Thanks.

SCAM!! DO NOT call and DO NOT PAY!  Here are the RED flags:

• I'm calling to from the county processing unit  No such unit exists in any state.  
  • It is sitting here with a potential judgement  NO!  Unless you have been sued and lost there is no such thing as a "potential judgment"
  • A mandatory 24 hour hold was placed on the documentation per state law just to give time and opportunity for you to reach out to the filing party directly to obtain detailed information or to try and resolve matter voluntarily before further action is taken.  There is no state law in TX that requires they wait 24 hours before acting on a valid judgment.
  • If it is not taken care of voluntarily before the hold expires it will be filed and dispatched with a local courier to your place of employment and your home address at (my address) Ah the old threat to go to your employer.  This is to scare you into paying. Especially entertaining when the call recipient happens to be self or unemployed.
  • Again Keller and Phillips is that filing party  Google Keller Williams.  They are a Real Estate company LMAO.

Do warn friends, family and employer that you have been targeted by a scammer and that you do not owe any money.  You don't want them to panic and pay thinking they are helping you.

• Like 1

Thanks, I thought so. Just sounded so weird. My first thing was how the call said they were from my county but the id on my phone says San Antonio.