Sign in to follow this  
Robear

Looking for case law/recommendations

I have an upcoming trial in small claims as a defendant, I have beat this law firm 3 times already. I am counter suing for violation of FDCPA 809b.  My last trial I counter sued because this law firm will send the dunning letter, (which I promptly reply with a validation letter) and continue to send collection letters WITHOUT sending the verification.  Finally they will send verification right before they file the suit, the last case they filed suit and then sent verification.  Long story short, the judge doesn't seem to understand FDCPA especially 809b that specifically says the collection must cease until verified. I am looking for some help with case law that I can help the judge to understand what has been ruled on already that would indicate what this law firm continues to do is in violation of the law.  Specifically something from the 11th district court would be handy.  Or any other advice anyone has on helping the judge understand.  Thanks for you help.

21 minutes ago, Robear said:

I have an upcoming trial in small claims as a defendant, I have beat this law firm 3 times already. I am counter suing for violation of FDCPA 809b.  My last trial I counter sued because this law firm will send the dunning letter, (which I promptly reply with a validation letter) and continue to send collection letters WITHOUT sending the verification.  Finally they will send verification right before they file the suit, the last case they filed suit and then sent verification.  Long story short, the judge doesn't seem to understand FDCPA especially 809b that specifically says the collection must cease until verified. I am looking for some help with case law that I can help the judge to understand what has been ruled on already that would indicate what this law firm continues to do is in violation of the law.  Specifically something from the 11th district court would be handy.  Or any other advice anyone has on helping the judge understand.  Thanks for you help.

Did the collection letter contain the 30-day notice of your right to dispute and request validation?  

Do you have proof you sent the request?

How soon did they file suit after you sent the request?