Sign in to follow this  
Judgment proof

Machol and Johannes, I'm judgment proof now what

I have a court date in Aug 2020 for a 3000+ Cap 1 acvount being sued through Machol and johannes.  They filed 2 years ago...i answered and filed a wrong venue dismissal. No word til the pandemic hit (hmmm) but in the 2 years I am now disabled and my only money is through SSD as is my husband's.  Wjat do I do now?  Show up and ask again for a dismissal because they filed in the wrong county and show them i cannot be compelled to pay??  Help im 10 days into my 21 day response.  

18 hours ago, Judgment proof said:

I have a court date in Aug 2020 for a 3000+ Cap 1 acvount being sued through Machol and johannes.  They filed 2 years ago...i answered and filed a wrong venue dismissal. No word til the pandemic hit (hmmm) but in the 2 years I am now disabled and my only money is through SSD as is my husband's.  Wjat do I do now?  Show up and ask again for a dismissal because they filed in the wrong county and show them i cannot be compelled to pay??  Help im 10 days into my 21 day response.  

There isn’t enough information for me to give you all the advice you need. 

That being said:

1.  If they filed in the wrong county, you should file a motion to dismiss because of wrong venue.  Include copies of proof that you live in a different county. 

You must send copies of everything you file with the court to the opposing lawyer  

2:  the lawyer probably  doesn’t care if you are judgment proof.  His or her job is to push the case through court.  Collecting is someone else’s problem.  The someone else may be in the same law firm.  So it won’t hurt to tell the lawyer you are judgment proof.  It might possibly deter them from filing the case again in the correct county. Or it might not. 

3.  It is not the judge’s concern that you are judgment proof.  It is the judge’s concern that she case was filed in the wrong county.