MOXI

Newbie needs knowledge!

Hello everyone, I am working on bettering my credit. I noticed on all my credit reports, that a credit card I am current with is being marked as a negative account. I pay the entire balance sometimes, sometimes I carry a balance paying over the minimum - - but I pay something every month. My balances are never over $300.

Yet on the reports it says "current :payed as agreed"

But it is in the negative accounts category. 

Why is this? 

Thank you. 

45 minutes ago, MOXI said:

I noticed on all my credit reports, that a credit card I am current with is being marked as a negative account.

Were you ever (within the last 7 years, anyway) 30+ days late on paying this card?

Where are you getting your reports from?  If this is some 3rd party thing like Credit Karma, forget about it.  Get your reports directly from the bureaus (www.annualcreditreport.com is fine since the data is direct from the bureaus).

Hello Harry, it's been a lot of years... Possibly, yes, I may have been. 

I mailed in a form from each credit union(experian, Trans union,equifax and innovas) requesting a free report. 

That is an interesting issue. The only things I have ever had reported as negative really were accounts that were charged off, in the past or accounts in collections. Your best bet might be to contact the credit bureau and ask why it is listed as negative. If you ever have been late, and it is showing on the report that could be why.