Sign in to follow this  
LaneBlane

Removing a JDB Collection from My Credit Reports

A few years ago I was sued by a JDB for some loans they claimed were unpaid.  The amount they sued for was more than $6,000.  According to my records, all the loans had been paid off, I'd been overcharged in interest, and a few of my payments didn't appear in the account history they provided.  I filed an MTC that was granted and had the case stayed pending arbitration.  Because the JDB wouldn't pay the required arbitration fees, JAMS administratively closed the case.  The court case was later closed for lack of prosecution.  I haven't heard anything from the JDB or their attorney for upwards of three years.

This collection continues to appear on my credit reports.  Over the past year I've made some unsuccessful attempts to have it removed.  This includes sending the CRAs a screen shot from the original lender's website that lists all of my loans with a "Paid in Full" status.  I was hoping this would be enough to have the account removed.  It wasn't.  I also mentioned the fact that the collection reported is related to a business loan that shouldn't be reported on my personal credit.  That didn't work either.  When I called the original lender they would only say they have nothing to do with the collection and I'd have to call the JDB.

Should I try to send another copy of the screenshot that lists all my accounts as "Paid in Full" to the CRAs with an affidavit?  Is there something else I should try instead?

On 8/3/2020 at 11:21 PM, LaneBlane said:

A few years ago I was sued by a JDB for some loans they claimed were unpaid.  The amount they sued for was more than $6,000.  According to my records, all the loans had been paid off, I'd been overcharged in interest, and a few of my payments didn't appear in the account history they provided.  I filed an MTC that was granted and had the case stayed pending arbitration.  Because the JDB wouldn't pay the required arbitration fees, JAMS administratively closed the case.  The court case was later closed for lack of prosecution.  I haven't heard anything from the JDB or their attorney for upwards of three years.

This collection continues to appear on my credit reports.  Over the past year I've made some unsuccessful attempts to have it removed.  This includes sending the CRAs a screen shot from the original lender's website that lists all of my loans with a "Paid in Full" status.  I was hoping this would be enough to have the account removed.  It wasn't.  I also mentioned the fact that the collection reported is related to a business loan that shouldn't be reported on my personal credit.  That didn't work either.  When I called the original lender they would only say they have nothing to do with the collection and I'd have to call the JDB.

Should I try to send another copy of the screenshot that lists all my accounts as "Paid in Full" to the CRAs with an affidavit?  Is there something else I should try instead?

So essentially you have nothing more than screenshots of a web page saying you are paid in full? I know this is an old thread, but thought I would try to help best I could. The problem with a web page screenshot is you could literally hit a couple hot keys on your keyboard on a computer, use the editor to edit the page locally so it says whatever you'd like it to, then save it to your computer and open it and make it appear legit. If you have any actual documents relating to it being paid in full, I would send them rather than screenshots. 

I don't have any documents from the OC that say the loans were paid in full.  I only have a record of each payment I made with no running balance sheet.