matthew curtiss

Midland Funding

My roommate signed for  a summons for me, had not been aware. I found the court date was postponded on Maryland Judis., so I check today since I have not gotten anything in mail and I see that on 9/16/2020 a judgement has been entered. What does that mean and I'm in the middle of refinancing my house? Is it possible to negoicate and get the balance reduced and if so how do I go about finding who to contact? There is a local attorney listed , is that whom I contact? Can they lien my property? I was refinancing because of the covid and not being about to pay my bills and my mom was going to co-sign for me..will this judgement impact her if she goes on the motrgage with me 

On 9/29/2020 at 11:15 AM, matthew curtiss said:

My roommate signed for  a summons for me, had not been aware. I found the court date was postponded on Maryland Judis., so I check today since I have not gotten anything in mail and I see that on 9/16/2020 a judgement has been entered. What does that mean and I'm in the middle of refinancing my house? Is it possible to negoicate and get the balance reduced and if so how do I go about finding who to contact? There is a local attorney listed , is that whom I contact? Can they lien my property? I was refinancing because of the covid and not being about to pay my bills and my mom was going to co-sign for me..will this judgement impact her if she goes on the motrgage with me 

This means a judgment has been entered and it may or may not appear on your credit report, but may and likely will appear on public records. It could, but not an absolute that it will affect your refinancing of your house. It is possible to negotiate with the person holding the judgment (creditor or JDB) against you, but not likely they will since they have the judgment and at least the face value of such they can nail you for. Your judgment against you shouldn't affect your mom co-signing, or affect her credit or anything else in the process. However, if you ever sell your home the money received could be offset by the judgment against you meaning neither you or mom would see that portion (amount of judgment) from the sale proceeds. Some states have certain things that cannot be seized or sale of property forced upon. If I were in your position I would try to negotiate. If you can resolve the judgment and it shows that it was satisfied it may not affect you as much as doing nothing will.