Argantes

Summons to Appear Pretrial- Credit Corp Solutions

Hello,

I was served a summons today from Credit Corp Solutions. I live in Florida. Small claims court

It has the summons paper

it has a paper saying the pretrial will be done over zoom.

it has a statement of claim that lists what law firm filed the matter

it then has a copy of a final credit card statement showing my total balance

last page is an order granting plaintiffs motion to appoint process server.

It makes no mention of having to send a legal Answer, but some sources have said I should send in one under 20 days of summons.

I have been unemployed for 5 years, am disabled, though not collecting disability I have a permanent parking decal given by my doctor, and am over 60 years old before the pretrial hearing. I rent my home and live with my partner and son and have no assets, so I believe I am judgement proof. Our vehicle has both my name and my partners and is still financed.

The collection amount is between $1600 - 1700.

I know contacting an attorney is an option, but any advice or guidance would be appreciated. Is an Answer required and if so,  where is a source to learn how to create one?

I also read that the summons has to have the original creditors name and address on it. Does the attached statement cover that? Only the name is on the actual summons paperwork.

Thank you!

Yes, let us know the original credit card bank and we can help better.  If arbitration is part of the card agreement, then I would suggest to file a motion to compel arbitration in place of a simple answer.  The link in my signature below has a ton of information on how and why arbitration works in cases like this, but we do need to make sure that your account has that option available.

What has happened since. I am dealing with them as well and also in FL

On 10/6/2020 at 8:18 PM, Argantes said:

Hello,

I was served a summons today from Credit Corp Solutions. I live in Florida. Small claims court

It has the summons paper

it has a paper saying the pretrial will be done over zoom.

it has a statement of claim that lists what law firm filed the matter

it then has a copy of a final credit card statement showing my total balance

last page is an order granting plaintiffs motion to appoint process server.

It makes no mention of having to send a legal Answer, but some sources have said I should send in one under 20 days of summons.

I have been unemployed for 5 years, am disabled, though not collecting disability I have a permanent parking decal given by my doctor, and am over 60 years old before the pretrial hearing. I rent my home and live with my partner and son and have no assets, so I believe I am judgement proof. Our vehicle has both my name and my partners and is still financed.

The collection amount is between $1600 - 1700.

I know contacting an attorney is an option, but any advice or guidance would be appreciated. Is an Answer required and if so,  where is a source to learn how to create one?

I also read that the summons has to have the original creditors name and address on it. Does the attached statement cover that? Only the name is on the actual summons paperwork.

Thank you!

On 11/19/2020 at 9:09 AM, Flirtykumquat said:

What has happened since. I am dealing with them as well and also in FL

Not to sound like broken record echoing others posts, but without knowing the original creditor of your unique situation there isn't really much unique to your situation advice that will be available. And please, start your own thread. Soon you and the original poster may be replying to this one confusing the hell out of all us, including the two posters.