WillingtoFight593

Being sued by PRA in South Carolina

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, BV80 said:

I would contact the clerk of court and explain what the judge said.  Ask the clerk if the judge is going to issue a written order because you need one to include with the paperwork to AAA.

I called and they said the case was dismissed and I could come pick up some sort of notice (a dissolution notice? A disposition notice? Some sort of notice) which states he granted my motion. Is that sufficient?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WillingtoFight593 said:

I called and they said the case was dismissed and I could come pick up some sort of notice (a dissolution notice? A disposition notice? Some sort of notice) which states he granted my motion. Is that sufficient?

First of all, Congratulations on your awarded arbitration. Now it is up to PRA to either fulfill their "rights" under that, or just call it a wash. Either way, make sure you keep everything relating to this matter. You never know if PRA will try to file again against you, if they have time under the statute of limitations. But if they do, just repeat process.

What they are referring to could be the order stating it was dismissed due to arbitration or something of the sort. It should be sufficient, I would think but may want to wait for someone else to chime in on that specifically with knowledge of South Carolina courts. I apologize for my late reply, I was out on the road working. I am glad you were able to get the desired outcome, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, alwayswinning36 said:

It should be sufficient, I would think but may want to wait for someone else to chime in on that specifically with knowledge of South Carolina courts.

I meant will it be sufficient to file that with AAA? AAA asks for a court order and this isn’t technically an order it’s just some sort of document stating the judge granted my motion. Thanks for your response!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WillingtoFight593 said:

I meant will it be sufficient to file that with AAA? AAA asks for a court order and this isn’t technically an order it’s just some sort of document stating the judge granted my motion. Thanks for your response!

Well only way to know for sure is get the document and send it in. Worst that could happen is they ask what it is. I would send it in - if it were me. And you're welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent in the forms but haven’t heard anything back. I didn’t do it electronically because electronically I would’ve been forced to pay the money automatically to file, with the paper version that you mail in, I just stated per the contract the business is responsible for the fees. 
 

How does AAA normally get in touch with people after filing? Should I be expecting an email? A phone call?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WillingtoFight593 said:

Update: The attorneys sent me this in the mail for me to sign and mail back to them. What do you guys think? Sign it?

 

 

1349DA67-9AB5-4C62-8424-3943E5478424.jpeg

I would  check to see if they will change to with prejudice.  If so, you have a complete victory. 
 

If not, sign anyway.  You have a victory, and the chances of them ever filing again are very low.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi this thread has been very helpful as I am going through the same thing in SC right now. If at all possible @WillingtoFight593 could you jump in on my thread and answer a few questions? I have to file an answer with the court this week. Thank you!

Did you file an affidavit with your answer and what letter did you use?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 9:53 AM, WillingtoFight593 said:

Update: The attorneys sent me this in the mail for me to sign and mail back to them. What do you guys think? Sign it?

 

 

1349DA67-9AB5-4C62-8424-3943E5478424.jpeg

Wasn't your case already dismissed by the judge?  I would check the court rules to see if once your answer is filed, a joint stipulation is required to dismiss a case.  If yes (which I suspect since they are trying to get you to sign this stipulated order), then I agree with @BV80 to reply and state that you would be willing to stipulate to a mutual dismissal WITH prejudice.

You literally have nothing to lose, since it's already technically dismissed anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.