Hunt Henrique!!!

HelpMepls

10 minutes ago, WhoCares1000 said:

You have a written copy of the settlement and the receipts showing that you made the payment as well as the green cards for each payment you sent, correct? If so, then that is your proof should H&H try to continue the case and have you served. You don't need anything else from them and I would not talk to them again if I could help it.

Watch the case until you see that it has been dismissed, either by H&H (who should actually dismiss it at this point) or by the courts for lack of prosecution. If H&H does not dismiss the case, you might be able to file your own dismissal with prejudice attaching a copy of your records on the settlement as evidence of accord and satisfaction.

If you do eventually get served or H&H tries to do alternative service, you follow the same process as before, file an answer with the affirmative defense of accord and satisfaction, attach a copy of your settlement records, and file a motion for dismissal with prejudice. If they try to get a default judgement, you can counter that by stating you have not been served and file your own motion for dismissal with prejudice as outlined above.

So, for right now, just watch the case online and and see what they try to do next. I doubt they will try to continue the case. The courts are backlogged and a judge would be pissed to have this on his/her docket with is more than full. Also, watch your credit reports and if they don't update the debt to "Satisfied for less than the full amount" after 3 months for that trade line, file a dispute with the credit reporting agencies showing that you came to an agreement on that debt.

Yes, I have very green card and bank record (cashier check) and letters they sent. I will keep an eye!! Thanks again. Do I have to wait 3 months to dispute to credit agencies? I’ll just try to be patient...thanks sooooo mucchhh!!!

4 hours ago, HelpMepls said:

Yes, I have very green card and bank record (cashier check) and letters they sent. I will keep an eye!! Thanks again. Do I have to wait 3 months to dispute to credit agencies? I’ll just try to be patient...thanks sooooo mucchhh!!!

For the CRAs, you have to give them a chance to update the credit line. Most of the time, it is done in 30 days but I figure 3 - 6 months just in case they are not uploading that often.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:51 PM, WhoCares1000 said:

For the CRAs, you have to give them a chance to update the credit line. Most of the time, it is done in 30 days but I figure 3 - 6 months just in case they are not uploading that often.

Why am I just getting this letter today? It’s Feb 22nd and I made my last payment feb  3rd I believe. I hope it’s nothing to worry about

BA1E230E-7F40-4D0C-8698-0AEC1D8F13A4.jpeg

10 hours ago, HelpMepls said:

Why am I just getting this letter today? It’s Feb 22nd and I made my last payment feb  3rd I believe. I hope it’s nothing to worry about

Do you still owe a settlement balance of $400?

On 1/22/2021 at 9:26 AM, HelpMepls said:

@WhoCares1000 ok I sent my first payment of $2650 bank check, with the certified green sticker thing....yesterday. No summones yet, checked my court records and nothing still the same, no court date. Last payment $400 by feb 7th... Can I just file an answer before I get the summones? Should I? 

@HelpMeplsDid you send in that last $400 by Feb 7?  If so, do you have green card?

21 minutes ago, HelpMepls said:

It says in the letter “payments made after Jan 25th doesn’t reflect that receipt” wth does that mean?

It says “payments received after January 25, 2021 are not reflected in these balances.”

That means that the payment you sent in February was not included in the remaining balance.  It does not mean they are not going to credit you for the payment.  All it means is that at the time they sent the letter, payments made after January 25 had not yet been recorded.  There’s no reason to panic.

41 minutes ago, BV80 said:

It says “payments received after January 25, 2021 are not reflected in these balances.”

That means that the payment you sent in February was not included in the remaining balance.  It does not mean they are not going to credit you for the payment.  All it means is that at the time they sent the letter, payments made after January 25 had not yet been recorded.  There’s no reason to panic.

Ok...I took a breath and read that and relaxed a little!! Thank u so I won’t panic just yet. U think I should still send the green card

Since you have the evidence that you sent all payments on time and the letter says that anything received after Jan 25th is not included, I would wait for a following letter. In the meantime, keep the letter as part of your documentation as that is your evidence that they know they received the payment so they cannot back out later. I would not contact them yet unless you don't receive a letter in about 30 to 60 days after the payment arrived. You still have the proof that you paid them, whether they sent a receipt or not.

Also, realize that they have tons of accounts where you are only one. It takes them a while to process things.

7 minutes ago, WhoCares1000 said:

Since you have the evidence that you sent all payments on time and the letter says that anything received after Jan 25th is not included, I would wait for a following letter. In the meantime, keep the letter as part of your documentation as that is your evidence that they know they received the payment so they cannot back out later. I would not contact them yet unless you don't receive a letter in about 30 to 60 days after the payment arrived. You still have the proof that you paid them, whether they sent a receipt or not.

Also, realize that they have tons of accounts where you are only one. It takes them a while to process things.

Thank you! I’ll wait then