HelpMepls

Hunts & Henriques representing B o A

Recommended Posts

@admin what happens if I was so ask for debt verification will it buy me time for feb so I’m comfortable giving them the lump sum instead of giving them some of my needed money? Or will they take the offer back? They want me to answer and pay by the Jan 22 I think but I would pray to give me some time like in February. And if summones is not here yet and my stipulation is due...am i still suppose to mail the thing by it’s due date? Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HelpMepls said:

@admin what happens if I was so ask for debt verification will it buy me time for feb so I’m comfortable giving them the lump sum instead of giving them some of my needed money? Or will they take the offer back? They want me to answer and pay by the Jan 22 I think but I would pray to give me some time like in February. And if summones is not here yet and my stipulation is due...am i still suppose to mail the thing by it’s due date? Thanks

Call them and negotiate - don't let them pressure you by deadlines.  You are panicking.  Not a good place to be when negotiating.

 

You probably can't ask for debt validation if it's been 30 days since they notified you and it will only piss them off.  They probably won't take the offer back, they are a junk debt buyer and want to make a profit and you are a live fish.  Even at $3K, they are making a profit.  @Clydesmom is right, they'd much rather have you make payments - you have mpre power with a lump sum.

 

@HelpMeplsRead this so you know what you are dealing with. https://www.creditinfocenter.com/debt/jdbs.shtml

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

Call them and negotiate - don't let them pressure you by deadlines.  You are panicking.  Not a good place to be when negotiating.

 

You probably can't ask for debt validation if it's been 30 days since they notified you and it will only piss them off.  They probably won't take the offer back, they are a junk debt buyer and want to make a profit and you are a live fish.  Even at $3K, they are making a profit.  @Clydesmom is right, they'd much rather have you make payments - you have mpre power with a lump sum.

 

@HelpMeplsRead this so you know what you are dealing with. https://www.creditinfocenter.com/debt/jdbs.shtml

Yes I know I’m having anxiety over this and everyone on here is helping. I wanted to make sure to not piss them off that’s why I asked about the DV.  So pls tell me if it’s the right move...I have not have the summones, but Monday I will call them tell them I have $2600 and I can pay them that lump sum if they are willing to except...and to release me with prejudice, and hope to erase off my credit report or paid as agreed?  @admin is that ok to do? If not and they stick with $3050 I will just pay that off too...I’m having the worst anxiety with this and I just want it done and finish. I just hope they drop it a little more. Me negotiating on things I’m not familiar with I’m scared to say the wrong thing. Thanks so much for responding to my 1000s of questions! I don’t know how much u have eased little by little my anxiety 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HelpMepls said:

Yes I know I’m having anxiety over this and everyone on here is helping. I wanted to make sure to not piss them off that’s why I asked about the DV.  So pls tell me if it’s the right move...I have not have the summones, but Monday I will call them tell them I have $2600 and I can pay them that lump sum if they are willing to except...and to release me with prejudice, and hope to erase off my credit report or paid as agreed?  @admin is that ok to do? If not and they stick with $3050 I will just pay that off too...I’m having the worst anxiety with this and I just want it done and finish. I just hope they drop it a little more. Me negotiating on things I’m not familiar with I’m scared to say the wrong thing. Thanks so much for responding to my 1000s of questions! I don’t know how much u have eased little by little my anxiety 

The agreement should state that the account will be considered settled upon receipt of $XXXX amount.  Settled means settled.  Once that amount is received, they can’t go after you for more.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BV80 said:

The agreement should state that the account will be considered settled upon receipt of $XXXX amount.  Settled means settled.  Once that amount is received, they can’t go after you for more.  

How to negotiate to give me till February...the first week? Any advice? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HelpMepls said:

How to negotiate to give me till February...the first week? Any advice? 

@BV80Should I say I’m willing to give u a lump sum of $xxxx  by 2/5/2021 with agreement of letting it go with prejudice and removing it from my credit report...is that ok to say @admin

Link to post
Share on other sites

@HelpMepls 

Advice: 

No DV.  Tell them you can't pay until February 5th.  You can ask for it to be removed from your credit report, but don't hold out over this.  Dismiss with prejudice.  They will get nasty.  Just hold firm.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, admin said:

@HelpMepls 

Advice: 

No DV.  Tell them you can't pay until February 5th.  You can ask for it to be removed from your credit report, but don't hold out over this.  Dismiss with prejudice.  They will get nasty.  Just hold firm.  

From PRA’s website:

“Will PRA, LLC remove the account from my credit reports after it has been resolved?

Your account will be considered paid-in-full or paid-in-full for less than the full balance after your final payment is successfully posted. Within approximately 30 days of your final payment successfully posting, we will request that the credit reporting agencies delete our tradeline related to your account from your credit bureau report.

PRA, LLC is required to delete the reporting of its tradeline seven years after the original date of delinquency, regardless of paid status.”

https://www.portfoliorecovery.com/prapay/help/contact-us?td

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, admin said:

@HelpMepls 

Advice: 

No DV.  Tell them you can't pay until February 5th.  You can ask for it to be removed from your credit report, but don't hold out over this.  Dismiss with prejudice.  They will get nasty.  Just hold firm.  

@admin I promise one more today...can they refuse to move the date to feb 5th and demand on Jan 22? Even with a lump sum and....I have not been summoned yet. Pls educate me and give me some examples so it SOUNDS like I know what I’m talking about! God bless u, no joke you have been very helpful to me

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HelpMepls said:

@admin I promise one more today...can they refuse to move the date to feb 5th and demand on Jan 22? Even with a lump sum and....I have not been summoned yet. Pls educate me and give me some examples so it SOUNDS like I know what I’m talking about! God bless u, no joke you have been very helpful to me

@HelpMepls - they can definitely refuse.  It's up to you to negotiate a favorable settlement.  How to do this?  Just remain calm, and explain your needs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

@HelpMepls - they can definitely refuse.  It's up to you to negotiate a favorable settlement.  How to do this?  Just remain calm, and explain your needs.  

I just called and this time I got a very mean operator...I told her I would think about it and maybe call again...I’ll wait for a nicer be...last time tomorrow...so stressful! She also told me they will not mail me another stipulation, they would send me a letter or some sorts but not another stipulation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The lady was a b$&ch! She said they will not write up another stipulation, they will put it in writing and send it to me...she didn’t say whether it would be with or with prejudice and she said they have no control over the summones person who keeps sending it to my sisters house. I will call again tomorrow hopefully it’s a friendly person...I didn’t agree to anything yet I said I would talk it over and she would not change the Jan 22nd date

Link to post
Share on other sites

CALM down.  I told you that this would likely happen.  I warned you that you risked pissing them off making more demands.  You made an agreement.  They sent you the paperwork and now you want to change all of it.  Did you really expect bluebirds, rainbows and sunshine while they danced around redoing all the work?

Here is what you need to know:  settling is about leverage.  The side that has more leverage gets the better deal.  You lack leverage if you are making payments since the entire reason you are at this point is because you already defaulted. They take the risk agreeing to another payment situation.  If you are going to settle for a lump sum payment then leverage shifts more towards you. The more you can offer the better your leverage.

If you sign a consent judgment agreeing to payments NOTHING says you can't make the first payment on January 22nd as you agreed and then when the next one is due or sooner pay it off.  NOTHING prevents that.  You could knock this down to 2-4 payments and be done.  You will still be paying less interest.  Also, nothing prevents you from making the first few payments then calling and saying "if I give you a lump sum of $XXXX now can we call this settled in full?" and see if they agree.  It isn't over until you pay it off or default again.

1 hour ago, HelpMepls said:

I just called and this time I got a very mean operator..

The lady was a b$&ch! 

These people are NOT your friends or family.  This isn't personal.  This is business. They sleep just fine even if your feelings are hurt.  Stop taking it personal. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Clydesmom said:

CALM down.  I told you that this would likely happen.  I warned you that you risked pissing them off making more demands.  You made an agreement.  They sent you the paperwork and now you want to change all of it.  Did you really expect bluebirds, rainbows and sunshine while they danced around redoing all the work?

Here is what you need to know:  settling is about leverage.  The side that has more leverage gets the better deal.  You lack leverage if you are making payments since the entire reason you are at this point is because you already defaulted. They take the risk agreeing to another payment situation.  If you are going to settle for a lump sum payment then leverage shifts more towards you. The more you can offer the better your leverage.

If you sign a consent judgment agreeing to payments NOTHING says you can't make the first payment on January 22nd as you agreed and then when the next one is due or sooner pay it off.  NOTHING prevents that.  You could knock this down to 2-4 payments and be done.  You will still be paying less interest.  Also, nothing prevents you from making the first few payments then calling and saying "if I give you a lump sum of $XXXX now can we call this settled in full?" and see if they agree.  It isn't over until you pay it off or default again.

These people are NOT your friends or family.  This isn't personal.  This is business. They sleep just fine even if your feelings are hurt.  Stop taking it personal. 

Thanks for your reply...but I didn’t take it that deep as your saying...I never thought they were my friend, that would be foolish! I simply said the lady was a b@$tch because this is the first time I have talk to one who was not nice, the others were very nice despite the reviews I read. So pls don’t assume I didn’t expect that because I know there is a chance of getting one of those. All I want is my debt to be over with, not making a new friend with hunt and Henrique employee. I hope your not taking it that deep, but I do appreciate your responds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HelpMepls said:

Thanks for your reply...but I didn’t take it that deep as your saying...I never thought they were my friend, that would be foolish! I simply said the lady was a b@$tch because this is the first time I have talk to one who was not nice, the others were very nice despite the reviews I read. So pls don’t assume I didn’t expect that because I know there is a chance of getting one of those. All I want is my debt to be over with, not making a new friend with hunt and Henrique employee. I hope your not taking it that deep, but I do appreciate your responds.

Wow!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Clydesmom said:

Here is what you need to know:  settling is about leverage.  The side that has more leverage gets the better deal.  You lack leverage if you are making payments since the entire reason you are at this point is because you already defaulted. They take the risk agreeing to another payment situation.  If you are going to settle for a lump sum payment then leverage shifts more towards you. The more you can offer the better your leverage.

@Clydesmomagree 100%.  The more you offer them, the more they will be willing to work with you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.