The CITIBANK Home Depot Scam

Citiscam

9 minutes ago, Citiscam said:

@WhoCares1000 no one is benefiting from your lecturing.  I don't understand it.

And I think you slipped up "I don't think a company is allowed to get away with saying that our automated system "  "OUR". I'm assuming you work for Citi and are trolling this board.

My credit claim may not be as solid as I would like.  But it is a claim.  Citi has also 1. Sent a debt notice about me to a third person not related to this case. 2. Threatened attorney fees when they know they would not apply 3. Filed a lawsuit against me when I had already filed for arbitration.  Causing further damage to by background check.   All infractions of Rosenthal Act. 

So if you do work for Citi, you didn't play by the rules.  There are consequence. As you've noted in your disciplinary lectures to me. 

I need to point out that you are going way off the rails here.  @Clydesmom and @WhoCares1000 can be a bit harsh at times, but their advice is usually good. 

Accusing them of working for Citi is nothing but a paranoid conspiracy theory.  They do NOT work for Citi.  

The only one in this thread who works in the banking industry is me.  I work for a different bank as a mid level employee.  I am not going to tell you what bank I work for, for reasons anyone in the banking industry would understand without needing to ask.  I would never give anyone any advice on how to deal with my employer for reasons that should be obvious.  

Long before I worked in the banking industry, I was a consumer with a six figure debt.  I was able to wipe out over $100 k in credit card and other unsecured loans using various tactics, including arbitration. I have been on this and other boards with various screen names for over a decade, trying to help others the way earlier people helped me. 

Now, I honestly believe Citi messed up.  All banks mess up with their automated systems.  Part of my job is helping clean up the mess when that happens.  And it can be quite costly to banks.  

As I have said, your best bet is to put your emotions aside, file an amended complaint, and try to negotiate a settlement you can live with.  It is possible Citi won’t pay the fees, but don’t bet on it.  If they pay the fees, and if they push to the bitter end, they will get at least a partial victory.  Your only hope is to deal with this completely unemotionally.  Realize you are in a huge hole, stop digging, and work your way out.  

I honestly hope Citi gives up on this.  I am not expecting them to do so.  If they don’t, you have your work cut out for you.  The goal is a livable settlement, not a total victory   If you stumble into a total victory, so much the better  

And yes, I have lost a few thousand over the course of my legal battles because I got emotional or over confident and misplayed my situation   Such is life   

54 minutes ago, Citiscam said:

And I think you slipped up "I don't think a company is allowed to get away with saying that our automated system "  "OUR". I'm assuming you work for Citi and are trolling this board.

My credit claim may not be as solid as I would like.  But it is a claim.  Citi has also 1. Sent a debt notice about me to a third person not related to this case. 2. Threatened attorney fees when they know they would not apply 3. Filed a lawsuit against me when I had already filed for arbitration.  Causing further damage to by background check.   All infractions of Rosenthal Act. 

So if you do work for Citi, you didn't play by the rules.  There are consequence. As you've noted in your disciplinary lectures to me. 

First off, I work for a small marketing research company, not Citibank. In fact, when I went BK years ago, I left Citibank holding the bag for $30k so I am sure I not their friend either. In any case, an employee of Citibank would never, never, never comment in a forum such as this. If they did, they would be fired in a heartbeat. Instead, if they are here, the would be lurking and watching the comments to use in court. That has been done in the past.

Ok, so you have a Rosenthal Act claim. If that follows the FDCPA, then the max claim you have on them for all the violations is $1000, not $1000/violation but $1000 total. You are still at $4500 that you owe Citibank and are now out of claims if the arbiter is generous.

Again, as others have said, file the amended claim and then get together as much money as you can and try to settle as quickly as possible. That is the only way you are getting out of this with the least amount of pain.

And BTW, when I made the comment above, that was quoting what Citi would say in an argument against your claim, not any indication as to who I work for.

@BackFromTheDebt any and all advice is appreciated.   I am in the situation I am in, and I understand that.   Lecturing me on how bad I was does not help me out of the situation. And it seems like a few people here are just looking at the past.  I'm looking for advice on what to do in the future, not be told how bad I was in the past.  I think advice from people like you is very useful.  I do appreciative any tricks or advice on how I can beat this, or cause the least pain.  

1 minute ago, Citiscam said:

@BackFromTheDebt any and all advice is appreciated.   I am in the situation I am in, and I understand that.   Lecturing me on how bad I was does not help me out of the situation. And it seems like a few people here are just looking at the past.  I'm looking for advice on what to do in the future, not be told how bad I was in the past.  I think advice from people like you is very useful.  I do appreciative any tricks or advice on how I can beat this, or cause the least pain.  

You have been given the advice on what to do get out of this with as little pain as possible. If you don't want to follow it, that is your issue, not ours.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Citiscam said:

@WhoCares1000actually said “Did Citibank give you incorrect information via their automated phone system, yes. Regardless of the terms and conditions, Contrary to the opinion of some members, I don't think a company is allowed to get away with saying that our automated system makes errors after trying to get you to use said system.”

When he referred to Citibank in the first sentence, he said “their”.  Then, in the next sentence, he wrote what “A company” (which indicates any company, not just Citibank)  might say when referring to its own automated system.

Pleass keep your paranoia in check.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 7:43 PM, Citiscam said:

You are looking for more advice, what outcome are you looking for? To settle and move on, or see arbitration through the end and win?